• 4(current)
Win HTML Creator for Kodi
This is driving me nuts how come XBMC has such a terrible SQL Format. Whoever made that should get slapped.
Post your debug output, then i will try to solve your problem later.

Download 5.6.7: XBMC_HTML_Generator 5.6.7

5.6.7 Changes:
Changed UI Elements: Get Video Data is now "Scan Library"
Added buttons to open folder and html
Added more info popups
Added message for poster queue after scanning library
For the users still having poster issues, when you post, please let us know if you use a "Dump" folder (all movies in the same folder) or if each movie has their own folder. Obviously the more details you can provide the easier it is for us to mimic your layout for testing.

@narvatu (and everyone really)
Yes, XBMCLogs is the recommended site for logs since the pastebin size limit may be too low.
HTPC 1: 64-bit Quad Core 3.4GHz Athlon X4 / 16GB DDR3 / (8) 2TB / 42" Vizio / Windows 8.1 (x64) / IIS 8.5
HTPC 2: 64-bit Quad Core 2.0GHz / 8GB DDR3 / 1TB / Windows 8.1 (x64) / IIS 8.5
My Personal Blog - NewsDemon | Text size doesn't seem to be working anymore for signatures?
New Release 5.8.8

Download: XBMC_HTML_Generator_5_6_8.rar

5.6.8 Change log:
Added relevant/descriptive pop up messages for common tasks
Added error messages to button clicks when not ran video library scan/when no poster is needed/when trailer database is empty/when list of hidden shows/movies is saved
Added ability to save list of hidden (unchecked) shows/movies to autoload on consecutive uses (Saved when pressing "Save" in Movie/Video List Edit Window)
Added new DLL files: mediainfo.dll and Ionic.Zip.dll for Upcoming features.
Fixed movies/tvshow count on html generation finished popup beeing wrong.
Fixed several bugs
Fixed Poster queue, Posters are only queued when not existing in "generated/Images" folder.
Fixed poster fetcher, should now fetch movie posters when using flat-style movie list (1 folder for them all) (posters must be named <moviename>-poster.jpg or <moviename>-folder.jpg)
This looks fantastic! Smile

I'm trying to run this on my server (Windows Home Server) which has XBMC installed and running, utilising a MySQL database.

When I load your application, I get no shows/movies listed, and the automatic scan doesn't pick up any movies/shows. Choosing "Manual Scan" prompts me to open a .db file - I don't have one (as it's MySQL)

Do you have any plans on having it pick up the settings from the XBMC advancedsettings.xml for MySQL? Smile
A looong night. :-P

My movies & tv shows are in synology NAS, not local. Each movie in their own folder with name. Each tvshow in single folder with all the chapters in it. (not a folder for season)
about 5.6.8 (or 5.8.8, dont know):
a) only 319 movies "processed" (605 in previous releases)
b image queue: local :0 remote: 21
c) total images in html folder: 20. Al with names "257939-1.jpg" and similar

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=9605 (languaje: text)
(2013-04-04, 12:30)ConfusedTA Wrote: This looks fantastic! Smile

I'm trying to run this on my server (Windows Home Server) which has XBMC installed and running, utilising a MySQL database.

When I load your application, I get no shows/movies listed, and the automatic scan doesn't pick up any movies/shows. Choosing "Manual Scan" prompts me to open a .db file - I don't have one (as it's MySQL)

Do you have any plans on having it pick up the settings from the XBMC advancedsettings.xml for MySQL? Smile

It isn't supporting MySQL. When you click automatic, it probably reads an empty MyVideosXX.db since MySQL is beeing used.
I do not have plans on making it work with MySQL at all. (There are MySQL to SQLite Converters though (not for XBMC in general)) you could use them to download your MySQL DB and save it in a SQLite Db.
In fact I didn't even know XBMC has MySQL Support.

(2013-04-04, 12:30)narvatu Wrote: A looong night. :-P

My movies & tv shows are in synology NAS, not local. Each movie in their own folder with name. Each tvshow in single folder with all the chapters in it. (not a folder for season)
about 5.6.8 (or 5.8.8, dont know):
a) only 319 movies "processed" (605 in previous releases)
b image queue: local :0 remote: 21
c) total images in html folder: 20. Al with names "257939-1.jpg" and similar

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=9605 (languaje: text)
I guess you mean you have 1 giant folder with tons of tvshow episodes instad folders for each show.
If so, thats a very .. well.. special layout I guess.. and very hard to parse for me......
How are your posters named? Can you paste a poster filename as example?
I made debugging show more information, could you run this version and paste the debug again:
Download 5.6.9: XBMC_HTML_Generator_5_6_9.rar
No, no.
Each tvshow in one folder. In this folder season 1, season 2 of these tvshow. Posters: poster.jpg, season01-poster.jpg, season02-poster.jpg. All of these, named by xbmc automatically

About mysql. In a previous post already told that test this program in a pc with mysql database in nas. The program runs, whith the same errors than in pc with local database

EDIT: http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=9609
(2013-04-04, 13:00)DeadSix27 Wrote:
(2013-04-04, 12:30)ConfusedTA Wrote: This looks fantastic! Smile

It isn't supporting MySQL. When you click automatic, it probably reads an empty MyVideosXX.db since MySQL is beeing used.
I do not have plans on making it work with MySQL at all. (There are MySQL to SQLite Converters though (not for XBMC in general)) you could use them to download your MySQL DB and save it in a SQLite Db.
In fact I didn't even know XBMC has MySQL Support.

Thanks for the quick response. Having MySQL support would be the icing on the cake for me!

I'm also going to also ask for a way to "auto-run" the application - for example, we could run it once to configure everything so that it works, and then run it automatically (such as via a scheduled task) to update the HTML using the stored settings we've previously successfully tested (then we'd run it by adding something like /AUTORUN to the end of the command line)

In fact - if this could be added, I'll even try to schedule into this a dump of the MySQL as SQLite so that I *can* use this - automation is the name of the game for me Smile
(2013-04-04, 13:18)ConfusedTA Wrote: I'm also going to also ask for a way to "auto-run" the application - for example, we could run it once to configure everything so that it works, and then run it automatically (such as via a scheduled task)

Auto generation is coming soon as well.
But MySQL support probably never, its already a lot work to make it fetch SQlite, as you can see many users report problems with posters
Because they all have so much different folder layouts.. now add MySQL to that.. which makes it even more complicated.

narvatu: I just had a brainwave, try this : http://dead6.eu/files/XBMC_HTML_Generator_5_7_0.rar
Tell me if this worked now.
What am I trying in 5.7.0? Smile

Do I need to stick this anywhere special, or will it pick up the default XBMC directory automatically? (I'm currently running it from "\\server\Software\XBMC\XBMC HTML Generator")
(2013-04-04, 13:38)ConfusedTA Wrote: What am I trying in 5.7.0? Smile

Do I need to stick this anywhere special, or will it pick up the default XBMC directory automatically? (I'm currently running it from "\\server\Software\XBMC\XBMC HTML Generator")

Aren't you using MySQL? I thought your library .db is empty?
I was talking to narvatu, but you just have to run it on a computer which can access network folders. NOTE: I am not sure if it works with paths beginning with \\NETWORKFOLDER, if that fails, try mapping the path as windows network drive (browse to network folder, click right on folder: Map Network Drive), but that of course means you have to edit your xbmc library to use that new path..
but try network paths "\\" maybe windows makes those work as well.. we'll see.
Oh, sorry, yeah Smile I saw the edit/addition to the post, thought you'd had a brainwave regarding MySQL! Smile
(2013-04-04, 13:41)ConfusedTA Wrote: Oh, sorry, yeah Smile I saw the edit/addition to the post, thought you'd had a brainwave regarding MySQL! Smile

I will never have a brainwave for that, sorry :x... it would require so much code additions.. BUT.. I wont give up.. maybe theres a easy way to do so.
In general the MySQL layout is the same isnt it? Lets take this sql query for example: "SELECT * FROM movie WHERE c00='Some Movie Name'";
I mean is the database format when using MySQL the same?

Local datbase looks like:
Tables i use: "files","movie","tvshow","streamdetails","episode"
(click image to see large version)

If the database layout is the same, you maybe see a Mysql addition soon Smile.. otherwise.. i don't know if ill add that.
Just for reference Dead... Windows will work properly with the Network Share for the XBMC databases... remember the small database test I talked about, the 6 shows all used \\HTPC\Mini Series\ for their root and it grabbed everything it needed.
HTPC 1: 64-bit Quad Core 3.4GHz Athlon X4 / 16GB DDR3 / (8) 2TB / 42" Vizio / Windows 8.1 (x64) / IIS 8.5
HTPC 2: 64-bit Quad Core 2.0GHz / 8GB DDR3 / 1TB / Windows 8.1 (x64) / IIS 8.5
My Personal Blog - NewsDemon | Text size doesn't seem to be working anymore for signatures?
(2013-04-04, 13:52)Archigos Wrote: Just for reference Dead... Windows will work properly with the Network Share for the XBMC databases... remember the small database test I talked about, the 6 shows all used \\HTPC\Mini Series\ for their root and it grabbed everything it needed.
Cool, so windows automatically transforms those names to right ones Smile.. thats good.
PS: ConfusedTA, im downloading MySQL libraries, and run small tets. Don't hope too much.
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HTML Creator for Kodi7