Series Link
I really want to make the move from Media Center to XBMC, but the wife needs series link and cannot live without it.

I use TVHeadend and XBMC 12.1 - which works really well.

Is there any other backends that I can use which support series link?
Mythtv has extremely flexible recording options, including whole series options.
Argus TV (www.argus-tv.com) has a very good scheduling interface. Can be done over the web or using the client (from any windows PC). Might be worth a look if you're still running Windows?
Thanks, I'll check them out.

I wonder if there is any website which compares the features of backends?

Its difficult to make a decision without installing each one.
Can all these backends with additional features - life MythTV and ArgusTV be set from within XBMC?

Could I set up a series link recording from within XBMC seemlessly?
(2013-04-13, 21:53)archie456 Wrote: Could I set up a series link recording from within XBMC seemlessly?
No. The XBMC PVR interface cant currently do this so you have to resort to scheduling via the backend software.
In myth's case there is a very good web interface.
NextPVR also has a very good web interface.
(2013-04-14, 07:25)sub3 Wrote: NextPVR also has a very good web interface.
I understand the whole program is very good, I'm just a linux kinda guy Smile
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
mmm - this is a problem.

I was hoping to have the whole live TV experience in XBMC - Its unlikely I'll be able to convince my wife to go into some other software to schedule recordings expecially when most of it can be some from within XBMC.

It looks like I'll be using WMC for a while yet...
Unfortunately this is something XBMC sorely needs, and in my opinion it also needs a live TV interface that is similar to MP or Next PVR. Until then my partner will not allow it!
PVR in XBMC is still very young, I do hope to see the series link option in future builds.
Does anyone know of the roadmap for future PVR features? I'd love to know that Series link was on it way...
I think a road map would be awesome. Even if most of the items didn't have a release date, but to know what is being considered would be fantastic. For example, I am very keen to adopt XBMC but having had the partner test all day yesterday for live tv, the current implementation failed... She just does not like it. To know what might happen in the future will certainly help me define my IPTV solution.
XBMC is not a PVR. The backend does the PVR work. XBMC can only be a frontend to what the backend can do.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Series Link0