ZOTAC ZBOX Intel Atom D525
Why does it seem that so many people are moving away from this unit in favor of all the other alternatives? Is there something inferior about these that isn't apparent in the specs? My biggest problem that I can see is only two USB ports. I plan to run OpenElec on a stick, and I have a wireless keyboard to use, so that eats up all of them. Some boxes will tolerate a USB Hub and some won't, so I don't know if it's a deal breaker, or not.
atom lags on heavy skins.
I don't think so calev. My atom proccessor runs even customized skins I made myself perfectly fine. Actually it runs the heavier skins better. Probably because I have an atom N450 though.
mine works no problem here ID80.Running win7 1080p streaming and at 24p playback,
My ATOM330 play everything I threw at it except Hi10P anime. With latest MT patch in nightly build it can even play some 720P Hi10P.

I think people who came to use XBMC lately, a lot came from those Android Box & Raspberry Pi which both are new platform & very cheap.

But then if you gonna shell out for ZOTAC ATOM model... You can find Intel NUC in quite same price range & that's lot more powerful than ATOM.
You look like hot dog Cool
I have the D525 and heavy skins do lag a little, even in openelec. Mabye there is a way to speed it up but Confluence runs fine. The best part about going atom vs android or ATV for me is gigabit ethernet. I would definitly go i3 if I were getting a new box today.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ZOTAC ZBOX Intel Atom D5251