LastFM scraping mystery
Hello guys,

If I go to the LastFM website and search for Amadou & Mariam I will get Bio info for them.
If I "refresh" while in info view on xbmc, and select any of the Amadou & Mariam results in the refresh search, I do not get any BIO information.

I wonder why that is? LastFM on XBMC does not have any settings for my username/password, but I don't know if that would make any difference... but it did cross my mind that maybe LastFM are only allowing scraping for signed up users?

Mark.
We don't scrape from last.fm.
(2013-03-31, 17:24)olympia Wrote: We don't scrape from last.fm.

Hi Olympia,
On my HTPC system, LastFM is the scraper selected in xbmc v12.1 (may be a left over upgrading from v11 days)
On my office system, LastFM is not available as an add on Sad((((
WOW, that is a huge hit for XBMC for me.
First allmusic was removed, now it seems that lastfm has been removed too?
When and why did this happen, legal reasons? How about lastfm members, will they not allow us to scrape from them as members?

Thanks,
Mark.
They decided to not provide full BIOs and Album Decriptions any more via their APIs. They cut the length of the text.
The Universal Artist and Album Scrapers in fact much better and more reliable than allmusic or last.fm ever were.

Since the main source (TheAudioDb.com) is not as complete as of yet, it will take a while when all artists and albums will returns results, but the site is a pretty good track thanks to the awesome contributors. You can join as well with filling in your filling artists and then it's done once for all.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
LastFM scraping mystery0