re-touched skin, need help to change it back to the default skin
(2013-03-31, 21:18)nmicame Wrote: I accidentally downloaded re-touched skin on my apple TV v2 and I didn't know you needed a mouse or a touch screen. Now it’s hard to navigate with the apple TV remote. On the XBMC main menu I cannot press the settings button so I can’t change it back to the default skin. What should I do?

Is this resolved? I just had the same problem Sad
Had the same issue . If you have a Amazon fire tv just plug a wired mouse into the usb. First you want to use the Amazon fire tv remote to access xbmc then use the wired mouse to access the setting options
I am new to the forum, just joined today; but I had made the same mistake of enabling retouch on my appletv2. Thanks for the heads up and the link I followed the instructions and am now back to default skin; thanks again!
(2014-12-06, 06:52)Appletv214 Wrote: I am new to the forum, just joined today; but I had made the same mistake of enabling retouch on my appletv2. Thanks for the heads up and the link I followed the instructions and am now back to default skin; thanks again!

(2014-12-06, 06:52)Appletv214 Wrote: I am new to the forum, just joined today; but I had made the same mistake of enabling retouch on my appletv2. Thanks for the heads up and the link I followed the instructions and am now back to default skin; thanks again!
I have the same problem please ket me know how to fix this...thanks.
@[email protected]

(2014-09-29, 21:14)scofield023 Wrote:
(2013-03-31, 21:18)nmicame Wrote: I accidentally downloaded re-touched skin on my apple TV v2 and I didn't know you needed a mouse or a touch screen. Now it’s hard to navigate with the apple TV remote. On the XBMC main menu I cannot press the settings button so I can’t change it back to the default skin. What should I do?

Is this resolved? I just had the same problem Sad

Me too! Please let me know how to fix this...@[email protected]
by far the easiest way is to plug in a wired mouse to the Aftv ....
(2015-01-19, 22:20)Gkinghrn Wrote: by far the easiest way is to plug in a wired mouse to the Aftv ....
No, there is no port for mouse in Atv2. So I just deleted /private/var/mobile/Library/Preferences/Kodi/userdata/guisettings.xml and that helped. Sure I lost my changes done so far. But I think that this preinstalled skin should contain warning that it doesn't work properly in AppleTV 2.
Like others, I've changed the skin on my fire stick to retouched and have lost navigation. I'm new to this so could someone please help me?
You don't say what kit you have?
I have the same issue and can't seem to get this resolved. Tried ssh and don't know which command to use. Any help would be appreciated
Have anybody figured out how to change back to default if you don't have a mouseHuh? Somebody please help me. I see the guisetting but can't select delete because I don't have a mouse.
(2015-03-20, 00:31)FatBot79 Wrote: I have the same issue and can't seem to get this resolved. Tried ssh and don't know which command to use. Any help would be appreciated

Have you figure out how to change it back
Type %usersdata% on internet explorer should find your kodi delete guisettings.xml....
Hi everyone,

I too changed the skin in Kodi (14.2) on my jailbroken Apple TV 2. Initially I couldn't find a way to reset it, but I have just managed to do it, so hopefully this might help someone else. It required using SSH to connect to your Apple TV and issue it some commands. I used the Terminal App in Mac OS X. You will the IP address of your Apple TV 2 before you begin.

Find and launch Terminal, and then enter the following:

ssh [email protected]

Fill in your Apple TV's IP address where I had the "x"
You will be asked for a password (you might have to say "yes" to a warning message first). The default password is: alpine
You should now have access to your Apple Tv's file system.

Copy and paste this command: cd /var/mobile/Library/Preferences/Kodi/userdata/

This will take you to the directory where you need to delete a file (guisettings.xml)

To delete the file, use the command:rm guisettings.xml

Quit Terminal. Fire up Kodi on your Apple TV and you should have the default skin back again. You might need to reset a couple of other settings, but hey, small price to pay to get access to everything again.
Hello fellow kodi community!!!!! I hope all is well and wondering if I can get some much appreciated guidance to resolve my issue.I also am stuck on this tablet skin ... what a pain. I don't know the name, but it seems to be the re-touched skin I have browsed the forums and read posts on this subject. I have followed the suggestions given but my problem is still not solved.
I have tried to delete the gui setting, I don't know the right commands to use, from what I have read, there are different command lines posted and I don't know which is the one I should use. I am running Kodi v14.2 helix on atv2.

I have copied and pasted the following from what i have tried on terminal.

ssh [email protected]
[email protected]'s password:
Family-Apple-TV:~ root# /private/var/mobile/Library/Mobile/Kodi/addons/
-sh: /private/var/mobile/Library/Mobile/Kodi/addons/: No such file or directory
Family-Apple-TV:~ root# /cd/var/mobile/Library/Prefernces/Kodi/userdata
-sh: /cd/var/mobile/Library/Prefernces/Kodi/userdata: No such file or directory
FamilyApple-TV:~ root# rm guisettings.xml
rm: cannot remove `guisettings.xml': No such file or directory
Family-Apple-TV:~ root#

I am most probably using the wrong commands.
Should Kodi be running when I am trying to do this or should I exit from Kodi?

I had paid someone to install Kodi an my Atv2 and I can't seem to reach him, I would really appreciate if someone can be so kind and post the correct commands.
Hope we can put this issue to rest!!
Thank you very much
Hi Koni,

I'll see if I can help you out. I spotted a couple of things in the text you pasted.

ssh [email protected]
[email protected]'s password:

Ok. After you login, you should end up with the following:

Family-Apple-TV:~ root#

Your next line looks a bit odd:
Family-Apple-TV:~ root# /private/var/mobile/Library/Mobile/Kodi/addons/
-sh: /private/var/mobile/Library/Mobile/Kodi/addons/: No such file or directory

It looks like you left off the "cd" bit, and had /private first. That's why it said "No such file or directory"

Then, your next line has:
Family-Apple-TV:~ root# /cd/var/mobile/Library/Prefernces/Kodi/userdata
-sh: /cd/var/mobile/Library/Prefernces/Kodi/userdata: No such file or directory

Ok - two things might be wrong here. First, get rid of the "/" before cd, make sure there's a space, then start the rest of the text. Also, you spelt Preferences incorrectly, but that may have been a typo when you were writing the post on here. Finally, put a "/" on the end

So, this is what yours should look like when you type it in to Terminal:

Family-Apple-TV:~ root# cd /var/mobile/Library/Preferences/Kodi/userdata/

The bit you are going to post in is: "cd /var/mobile/Library/Preferences/Kodi/userdata/" (without the " marks)

If you get it right, you should see the following in Terminal:

Family-Apple-TV:/var/mobile/Library/Preferences/Kodi/userdata root#

The "rm guisettings.xml" command should then work.

Hopefully this is helpful.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
re-touched skin, need help to change it back to the default skin3