About An optionQuick Question in Frodo XBMC 12
Hi all

Just started to try out XBMC 12 for a couple of days as i wanted to try out some movies in HD audio.

I am trying to setup the settings the same as XBMC 10 but noticed an option which i am not to sure about.

the setting is,

Adjust Display Refresh To Match Video.

now on xbmc 10 there are two options on or off, I have it selected to on as i like to play my movies in there right refresh as my tv supports 24hz. Now in frodo it has 3 options.

Option
1. Off which is easy
2. On Start/Stop
3. Always

can anyone tell me what the diffrence is between option 2 and 3 ? as i am not to sure which to use

Another option is in the audio settings there is an option for

output stereo to all speakers

I have this set to off as i use hdmi and passthrough.

but what would that option be used for (output stereo to all speakers) as i would of thought you would use setup 2.0 for that or 5.1 for suround sound since there is an option to setup your speaker config what is this other option used for and when would you use it.

I ask this becasue i use 2 profiles one for 5.1 setup for amps and another profile for 2.0 setups when i am just using the tv for sound.

thanks for any help
Hi meridius.

As best as I can figure, the start/stop option is referring to when the video starts or stops. So, the refresh rate will change when you press play, and change back when you press stop. This is how I have it set, and how it works for me. I've also added a 1 second pause to wait for the refresh rate to change.

Not quite sure how "always" works. The settings wiki isn't of much help.

Output stereo to all speakers will upmix 2 channel stereo to all your speakers. I prefer to use my amp settings when I want this. Take a look at the system settings wiki entry.
HP Stream Mini w/Libreelec -> HDMI -> Toshiba 37"
Intel NUC8i3BEH w/Libreelec -> HDMI -> LG OLED55C3PUA -> S/PDIF -> Sony HT-CT80
Dell Optiplex 7050 Micro w/Libreelec -> HDMI -> Yamaha RX-V467 -> HDMI -> Toshiba 47L7200U
Cheers for that.

Would like to know what always setting means to.
Anyone ?
Know one can help on what that options does?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
About An optionQuick Question in Frodo XBMC 120