Touch screen support (HP 2310ti not working)
Hi everybody

First of all: thank you very much for a great media center that is just getting better and better!

I have been trying to get XBMC (latest edition, v12.1) to work with my HP 2310ti touch screen. Unfortunately without any luck. XBMC responds to me touching the screen, but the system displaces the cursor something like 200 pixels to the right and 200 pixels below my finger. The displacement gets slightly smaller the further to the top left corner of the screen I get with my finger.

This problem occurs when I run XBMC as a stand alone system, when I run it as an application on Ubuntu, when I run Raspbmc on a Raspberry Pi and when I install Raspbian Wheezy on a Raspberry Pi and install XBMC as an application.
One remark, though: when I install Raspbian on the Pi the system works without any problems or displacements of the cursor 'out of the box', so it's not like a Linux-based system can't work with the HP 2310ti monitor. But once I fire up XBMC the displacement of the cursor starts.
Also: I don't have the displacement problems when I run XBMC as an application on a Windows XP (SP3) computer.

Searching the web I found that the HP 2310ti monitor uses some touch screen hardware from Quanta Computer, Inc.
According to this page the HID gets recognized with a USB vendor/product unformation: ID 0408:3001

Anybody got similar problems and (perhaps more important): does anybody have good ideas to how I might get my HP 23010ti to work with XBMC?

Best

Rasmus Wehner
Denmark

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Touch screen support (HP 2310ti not working)0