XBMC crashes when loading
When I turned on my XBMC box this morning I noticed XBMC hadn't come up. When I tried to load it, it kept dying. I have tried uninstalling/reinstalling it multiple times with no progress. I noticed the .xbmc folder still existed so I deleted it after one of the installs to try to get a "fresh" install. I have been trying to install XBMC from the software center.

The XBMC version is 12.1. I don't know if it matters with the issue not even getting into XBMC but my media storage server is a Windows 7 box.
################ SYSTEM INFO ################
Date: Mon Apr 1 14:15:06 CDT 2013
XBMC Options:
Arch: x86_64
Kernel: Linux 3.5.0-26-generic #42~precise1-Ubuntu SMP Mon Mar 11 22:17:58 UTC 2013
Release:
Distributor ID: Ubuntu
Description: Ubuntu 12.04.2 LTS
Release: 12.04
Codename: precise
############## END SYSTEM INFO ##############
The rest of the crashlog is located at http://pastebin.com/gQCLUbNL. If there is anything else you need just let me know. Just FYI I am a complete noob with linux, I dual booted this box because Windows was too bulky for this machine and I like the way XBMC looks/works compared to MyMovies, I have been using this box to learn it and get to know it so if you don't mind "baby stepping" me if the solution is complicated.Big Grin

Thanks for any input you might come across to help me
try:
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get upgrade
When running the apt-get update and apt-get upgrade my OS started messing up, I decided to completely rebuild the PC (wasn't hard since the only app on it is XBMC) and now I have it running again. Thanks for your help wsnipex!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC crashes when loading0