Fan not displaying for frodo12
FYI,

Recently upgraded to Frodo 12.1 from ver 11.

When checking list of movies... I normally see fan art in the background but background pictures are not showing for some movies. For example, if I select "Showcase" I see fan art at bottom for all movies... and then there's a fan art in the background. For some movies, I'm not seeing artwork.

With Frodo 12.1, I now notice 2 new folders created for each movie I have... These folders are named "extrafanart" & "extrathumbs". I do see artwork in both folders...

So my issue, is that why I don't see art for some movies ?

Note: I did not have this issue with ver 11

Thanks in advance.
For now showing fanart It's mostly problem with scraper & movie database. Not all movies has fanart available online , some I have even don't have poster too. You have to find it yourself.

extrafanart & extrathumb is skin things not actually 12.1 features. I bet you change your skin to something like Aeon Nox recently right?
I'm a bit puzzled, because I see movie art in the foreground for all movies... but don't see the background for some movie.

I do have my naming convention correct for my movies... Previously, I did have issue with scrapping.. this was due to incorrect naming convention... but I have it correct now.

Yes, I was am using Aeon Nox skin, but I was using Aeon Nox skin in ver 11 too.
If you has library full of foreign movies , in my case Asian Movies. You would find lot of movies has no fanart at all. Most would has posters. Few has neither. So it's common thing.

You could google it youself and manually "choose art" for those movies.

For Aeon Nox it'd create extra fanart & thumbnails only when you hit that download artwork button. If you don't execute it, it won't create those extra folders. I don't use it so had to manually delete those folders.
FYI,

I have movies like 300, Gladiator and The Amazing Spider Man with missing background fan art.

I have several arts in each movie folder... I suppose... question is... where do I need to place fan art to show in background ?

Note: I removed "extrafanart" & "extrathumbs" from 300 movie folder. Updated to download artwork, and this created the deleted folders and downloaded artwork. I still don't see artwork in background...

Note: As mentioned, I do see movie artwork in the foreground...
(2013-04-02, 05:33)spike99 Wrote: FYI,

I have movies like 300, Gladiator and The Amazing Spider Man with missing background fan art.

I have several arts in each movie folder... I suppose... question is... where do I need to place fan art to show in background ?

Note: I removed "extrafanart" & "extrathumbs" from 300 movie folder. Updated to download artwork, and this created the deleted folders and downloaded artwork. I still don't see artwork in background...

Note: As mentioned, I do see movie artwork in the foreground...

Basically I would put poser.jpg & fanart.jpg in same movie directory. And select choose at in movie information -> browse -> item folder then select which one you like.

But with 300, Gladiator & Amazing Spiderman there should be fanart to choose from database. I've Amazing Spider-man in my library and it shows fine without any tinkering. So you refresh the movie information and manually select movie from database and it should be fine.
Yes, this worked... took me a while to see where I get movie info... but right clicking movie... I found "Choose art" and then selected fan art... Looks good now.

No need to have poser.jpg or fanart.jpg

Thanks !!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Fan not displaying for frodo120