Req "Quit XBMC" in EXIT submenu
Hi,

First of all, thanks Marcos for this great skin, it runs so much smoothly than Aeon on my ssystem, with little to no differences in functionalities Wink Props to you !

I have a small request that can maybe be included in a future version :

By default, I set the main EXIT function to "shutdown computer", for practical reasons. But sometimes, I just need to quit XBMC and access my OS. The problem is, there is no "Quit" subitem in the EXIT menu, so the only way for me is to remap the main EXIT button to "Quit", then the next time XBMC starts, to map it back to "shutdown".

Could you please look into it ? It would be really appreciated Wink
@Poulpe_38, go to customize in settings, search for shutdown item, choose better option there for you.
MediaBrazil forum Website - Youtube Channel
MQ9-1.6.0.29 - 09.15.2023 - Aeon MQ Skin Team
MarcosQui Website Donate and support us.
@Wanilton :

That's what I've done, I went to the Customize Menu screen, then selected Turn Off as the default value for the Exit element (see picture below)

But still, when doing this we are left with no possibility to just quit XBMC, as there is no such option in the EXIT submenu.

I found a temporary workaround by adding this to CustomSubShutdown.xml :

Code:
<item><!-- Quit-->
    <label fallback="31057">$INFO[skin.string(shutdownquit.label)]</label>
    <icon fallback="-">$INFO[skin.string(shutdownquit.bg)]</icon>
    <property name="condition">$INFO[skin.string(shutdownquit.submenu),on)]</property>
    <property name="empty">true</property>
    <property name="type">default</property>
    <property name="name">shutdownquit</property>
    <onclick condition="!Skin.HasSetting(custommode)">Close</onclick>
    <onclick condition="!Skin.HasSetting(custommode)">Quit</onclick>
    <onclick condition="Skin.HasSetting(custommode)">SetFocus(5120)</onclick>
    <visible>[SubString(skin.string(shutdownquit.submenu),on) | Skin.HasSetting(custommode)]</visible>
</item>

and this to includes.xml :

Code:
<onload>Skin.SetString(shutdownquit.submenu,on)</onload>

Now I have a classic quit option in my EXIT submenu :

I think this could be easily added in a future version.
Well, If I set button action = exit (quit xbmc), it´s ok for me.
Yes, that works for me too, but in order to keep it practical and maintain a good WAF factor, I chose to keep it simple and shutdown the computer when XBMC closes, without having to go into the submenus (the button was set on quit at first, but i found the computer powered on numerous times, so I made it simpler).

I understand my case is a bit specific, don't worry Wink
Poulpe_38. use rename function for change name for Quit, it´s easy for to do via skin.
I have no issue with the buttons' labels, it's actually the associated command that is missing. I could try to explain it a bit clearly, as I may have misused some terms (and presumably the language barrier doesn't help, I'm not a native English speaker) :

- The Main menu has the Exit main command, as well as a submenu attached to this element, with may subcommands.

- The main command can be setup to your likings : quit (close XBMC and go back to the desktop), turn off (close XBMC and power down the computer), etc

- The submenu has a preset of commands, minus the basic Quit command

The way I setup my system, the main command is set to TURN OFF (and renamed EXIT), and does power down the system. However, I may need for various reasons to just close XBMC and go back to the computer's desktop (this can be done if you use the Quit command), but this command is missing from the submenu's preset commands.

I made the workaround to add this command by adding an item that calls the "Quit" command, so now it's working and I have a quit item in the submenu, but I was just pointing out that this item is not available in the default skin, hence the suggestion to possibly integrate it in a future version Wink

I hope this clarifies my original post Wink
I registered to say thank you Poulpe_38 for this thread, and thank to Marcos for the skin.

I love the skin, but was going to change because I had the same problem as Poulpe_38 with the exit/shutdown command, but using your changes above it works perfectly. Now the main button will shutdown the PC, which is the option my wife will use. But now, when I use xbmc and wish to just close xbmc I can access the exit option in the submenu.

Thanks again Smile
Hi,

I use the ACE 1.7.0 and i search such option how showed Poulpe_38. But when i copy the code the main- and submenu are empty..?!
This issue is a biggie for me too.

My reasoning is almost the same too, half the time I'll want to suspend the pc, but the other half of the time I'll want to just exit XBMC to use Steam on the same PC. The current skin I'm using (reFocus Big) has a pretty clean action of 'select exit-> then select exit/suspend/shutdown/restart etc.'

That works well for my wife and kids, they all get that.

The way this works is great if the only use for the pc is xbmc, but not so great if it's used for other things too.

Also, I have the same issue with the menu that appears when you press 'S' (Shutdown?). I use that a lot when I'm remote desktoping to my media server (I know, this is a stupidly specific use case). I can't exit xbmc via the S menu.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
"Quit XBMC" in EXIT submenu0