OS X Only one channel sound output in all nightlies since 12.1
@ MageX,

You are right, we are not allowed to express an opinion in here, at least not constructive criticism. I am "very" worried now, because according to Ned Scott, he saw it fit to "warn" me 100% for, as he expressed it, "being a little bitch (+10 points)".

This just goes to show that as usual developers have very little regard of those who actually uses their software, and absolutely no consideration for the users/customers.

Again, this may get me even more "warned", and I am REALLY worried - I can still download the software, and easily create a new profile if I need to ask for advice.

In closing I would like to "warn" Ned, but unfortunately I cannot...

/KB
(2013-05-15, 21:25)KillerBob Wrote: @ MageX,

You are right, we are not allowed to express an opinion in here, at least not constructive criticism. I am "very" worried now, because according to Ned Scott, he saw it fit to "warn" me 100% for, as he expressed it, "being a little bitch (+10 points)".

Guys, you're are a bit rude.

If I were forum moderator I would delete your posts. After a few deletes I would ban you as well.

This is a comunity effort sw - use it, make a fix or go for something else - there ends your freedom. You can make suggestions or reports but there are no guaranties and you can not demand anything.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

You guys are just bitching without any constructive an useful info. In no way are we anything obligated to you nor any one else.
This forum is not a complaint department nor do we work in a customer department.
If you don't like it you might as well leave.
We don't have any use for spoiled brats that think they should get frontrow seats.
You may provide useful constructive information that might get issues resolved or leave. Plain whining won't get you anywhere but banned (again and again if needed).
To be clear, you are in no position to demand anything.
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Huh? Did you even read what I wrote?

I am only saying that we have a major issue with MP3 sound in XBMC. When using HDMI between a Mac Mini and an AMP, most formats will play correctly, but MP3 sound seems to drop one channel (the right one). This was an issue once before, back in 2012, but was fixed in 12.0. Then suddenly, in 12.2, a supposedly stable release, it is an issue again (see post #6 above.)

The mere mentioning of this let to ridicule and a snotty answer from one of the developers. I was told to suck it up and live with it, or use another application... (see post #8.) That sets me off, and then of course I get a warning...

If that is bitching, then OK, I bitched. But, it isn't, it is a reaction to an action!

/KB
(2013-05-15, 21:25)KillerBob Wrote: This just goes to show that as usual developers have very little regard of those who actually uses their software, and absolutely no consideration for the users/customers.

as usual... btw developers are those with "developer" under their nick - iirc i am the only developer here who even responded. Now take my answers and you should see that i am just stating the reality. I state very dry for sure - but in no way i tried to give the feeling of unacceptance...

We know that we are a piece of audio shit on osx. But we are out of serious devs for that matter. I hope i made myself clear.
KillerBob, MageX, I am so very sorry. I have given this a lot of thought and I guess stress has really been getting to me lately. You guys are right, and we have a responsibility to you and all users out there. We're not taking you guys seriously, and not respecting your rights as our customers. Enclosed is your refund:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/2340692/refund.jpg
@Memphiz

I would send this in a PM, but you aren't allowing that. I had previously suggested a sticky thread that covers the audio issues. That thread should, based on every forum package that I've messed with, allow for posting only by those of sufficient access, but only allow reading by the average user. In the thread, which I admit would take some time, the known issues and any possible fix (or reason it cannot be addressed) could be posted. This would allow for a single thread to be pointed to when someone creates a new thread about an audio problem. This suggestion should make things easier for both sides. Users would have a single thread to check if their issue is already covered, and there would be a single thread to tell any new developer what is needing to be addressed.

This is, of course, merely a suggestion, and you guys are obviously free to run things however you like. User frustration, of course, kills the popularity of any product, so I would like to think that you would prefer to lower frustrations. Ok?
Having a thread with limited access won't magically create someone who is willing to find the fix. Even taking the time to explain what is currently known is something that the current devs don't have at this very moment.

If end-users want a post to check for existing issues then they should probably start with the one that says "READ ME FIRST".
first one that locks this thread gets a beer at devcon
(2013-05-16, 00:51)Ned Scott Wrote: If end-users want a post to check for existing issues then they should probably start with the one that says "READ ME FIRST".

OMG I never knew there existed such a mythical place where users could find the basic information they needed.
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Closing this thread. In between the unnecessary fighting, Memphiz answered the question. Time to call it a day.
In after the close Smile
its beer o'clock for Nate Smile
Please try

http://mirrors.xbmc.org/test-builds/osx/...g-i386.dmg

and report back
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Only one channel sound output in all nightlies since 12.10