Turn off subtitles?
I just installed last night's build on my HardKernel Odroid-X2. It's a great app!

My 1080p .mkv files play very smoothly, with no dropped frame rates. It performs much better than the native DicePlayer, which has a stuttering effect on HD videos on the Odroid.

I have two questions:

1. Is this build delivering true DTS 5.1 surround sound? The .mkv 1080p file that I was playing displayed a "DTS 5.1" label in XBMC while playing, but I wanted to know whether the label was linked to the file having DTS 5.1 encoded, or whether the DTS label lights up only when DTS 5.1 is being outputted by the device.

2. I was unable to turn off the subtitles in the .mkv file, even though this option is available in DicePlayer for the same file. When I click on "subtitles", none are listed even though they are displaying at the bottom. Playing the file in DicePlayer correctly shows the option of disabling subtitles, which does make them disappear. Is this an unfinished feature, or a bug?

Cheers
It's the wrong menu. See Subtitles (wiki).
Thank you so much! I was using the "download subtitles" menu instead of the audio menu.
Hi,

I am using the Transparency skin in the newest release (Kodi). I have looked high and low for a way to toggle the subtitles on and off while a video is playing. I have the icon in the bottom right to download subs, but I cannot figure out how to shut them off. I have found that functionality in Confluence and Re-Touched.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!Big Grin
(2014-12-31, 05:35)JimboC Wrote: Hi,

I am using the Transparency skin in the newest release (Kodi). I have looked high and low for a way to toggle the subtitles on and off while a video is playing. I have the icon in the bottom right to download subs, but I cannot figure out how to shut them off. I have found that functionality in Confluence and Re-Touched.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!Big Grin

Two posts above yours: http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid1385831
Thanks so much for the quick reply. I had seen that thread already. The instructions in the wiki are for Confluence, and I can see exactly how to do it in both Confluence and Retouched when those skins are loaded. My point, and maybe it is my thick skull that is preventing me from seeing it, is that there is no option I can see in Transparency that allows me to toggle the subs. When a vid is playing, there is no audio or sub options icon in the player interface. So, where is it in Transparency?
It's the button that looks like a speaker, on the right.
Ned,

Understood, but in the Transparency skin, I do not see a speaker icon. The available icons are movie info, download subs and add to favorites.
update.....I swear the icon was not there, but now it is...case closed, thanks.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Turn off subtitles?1