Linux Frodo crashes with any video.
Exclamation 
I just transitioned my old Dell Optiplex GX520SFF to Linux Mint 14 Cinnamon Edition, with the purpose of getting rid of windows xp (and windows in general in my home). XBMC installed/loads runs until I start any video playback. I get complete crash to desktop.
Note: I have exactly this same setup running faithfully in windows XP SP3 on another hard drive I can swap back to. No hardware failures, and I know the 82945G is a snail of a card, but in windows I have had over 900p playback with no errors or stuttering.

System Specs:
Dell Optiplex GX520 Small form factor PC
Pentium 4 3.0ghz HT
4GB RAM
Toshiba 160GB SATAII HDD
Connected to Samsung LED TV.

System: Linux Mint Cinnamon Edition, all updates as of 3 Apr 2013.

ARCH: x86_64

XBMC: 12.1 Git:0d373cc(compiled 17Mar2013)

GPU: output of "inxi -Gl"
Graphics: Card: Intel 82945G/GZ Integrated Graphics Controller
X.Org: 1.13.0 drivers: intel (unloaded: fbdev,vesa) Resolution: [email protected]
GLX Renderer: Mesa DRI Intel 945G GLX Version: 1.4 Mesa 9.0.2

DEBUG LOG:
http://pastebin.com/S7KQ22Cy

Thanks for any help!
That log is not a debug log, it's just a normal one. You need to enable debug logging from the settings, then paste a link to a new log here. I think that helps more than just the stack trace.
http://pastebin.com/0gP6eNA0

Sorry, I thought the crash-log was the debug.... this one is ~/.xbmc/temp/xbmc.log. Thanks for the heads up.
Any Intel guru's here? I have searched the FAQ and Wiki thoroughly, and the intel 945 is listed as supported. I'm not seeing why the same system works in WINXP SP3 and not LM14 CE.

If anyone knows if I need alternative drivers, or to compile XBMC with any specific options, I'd love to hear about it!
Update, I've exported the screen to another LM14CE computer, and xbmc runs and plays just fine, so I'm thinking it might be an xorg or glx problem. I will update this with a solution when/if I can find one. If anyone has an idea of what to look for, I would still appreciate the help.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Frodo crashes with any video.0