• 3(current)
MQ4 - Where to start with "Artwork Downloader" add-on?
Sorry CW

I keep forgetting to look into the custom view cycle thing for you.

I'll try and remember to get it done over the weekend at the latest.

Out of curiosity, what made you go with a Linux platform?
My fanart.tv & themoviedb.org accounts.

(2013-04-11, 23:28)Samu-rai Wrote: Sorry CW

I keep forgetting to look into the custom view cycle thing for you.

I'll try and remember to get it done over the weekend at the latest.

Out of curiosity, what made you go with a Linux platform?

Don't worry mate no rush!

I guess I am just fed up with Microsoft at the moment, I don't like Windows 8 as a desktop OS and have not installed it on any of my workstations or HTPCs. The modern UI (Metro) media apps in Windows 8 are a joke, you couldn't even connect to music, pictures and videos on your local server / NAS. Not sure if they ever fixed it? No proper remote control / 10 foot UI support - for the Windows 8 modern UI (They want you to use an XBOX 360).
Lack of internal support and development for MCE in general. Microsoft MVPs such as myself being blanked by Microsoft, no feedback / response to our requests and concerns, no proper beta program for Windows 8 development. Microsoft in general disarray with regard to consumer media products and their strategy to combat Apple and Android. The list goes on....

Windows Media Center was still working well for me at home and serving my needs, but its now a legacy product and not sure if it will even be in Windows 9.

Been wanting to properly switch from MCE to XBMC for a while now but never gotten round to it until now. I didn't see the point of running XBMC on Windows, if your gonna migrate then you might as well jump in at the deep end and go the whole way, I've never used Linux before but I knew I had to learn some basics to get XBMC up and running.

The biggest thing I have lost at the moment is Live TV. I plan to install a new Freeview HD tuner card in to the WHS server and install DVBLogic again, then use their XBMC add-on for live TV. That's my next project!
I had issues running the auto mode on my movie collection, mainly because my daughter turned off the HTPC whilst it was downloading artwork it got up to movies starting with the letter T that time, it finally ran last night and completed took about 4-5 hours.

The Download report in the Artwork Downloader add-on is showing a massive list of movies it could not find artwork for though.

But something seems strange, for example for the movie Apocalypse Now the report says it could not find, extrafanart, extrathumbs, banner, landscape.

However if I look in to the movies folder on the server there are extrafanart and extrathumbs folders and they do contain downloaded images. I cannot see a banner or landscape image however so that is correct. But wonder why it says it could not find extrafanart and extrathumbs when they have been downloaded?

There are more movies where the report says it could not find things, but in actual fact when looking in to the movie folder there is downloaded artwork present.

Does the Artwork Downloader only use Fanart.tv as its source or does it download artwork from other websites as well?

Thanks
There doesn't appear to be a way to export the report

(2013-04-15, 11:45)cw-kid Wrote: There doesn't appear to be a way to export the report

it's located in your userdata folder inside script.artwork.downloader Wink
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
I would hazard a guess that it is showing the extra fanart & thumbs failed even though it download those files, because it wasn't able to locate the maximum you have specified in the add-on settings. So for example you have specified a maximum of 5 extra fanarts, but it has only downloaded 4.

As far as I'm aware it scrapes fanart.tv, themoviedb.org & thetvdb.com. Martijn would be the best man to answer those questions though.

I totally understand what you mean about Microsoft/Windows. I run openelec on my main system for the same reasons, but also because I really like the 'set-top box' feel.

P.S thanks for the rep! Smile

(2013-04-15, 14:08)Samu-rai Wrote: As far as I'm aware it scrapes fanart.tv, themoviedb.org & thetvdb.com. Martijn would be the best man to answer those questions though.

That would probably explain why it downloaded extrafanart for the 2001 a Space Odyssey movie, but I could not see any extra fanart available for that movie on Fanart.tv website, so was wondering where else it got it from!

The Artwork Downloader is no doubt a fantastic add-in, I was just a little disappointed with the large number of movie titles that have no extra artwork available. I haven't got the artwork skills required to contribute myself, although I have been contributing to TheAudioDB website.

I am writing a series of blog posts about XBMC and the Aeon MQ4 Skin. People who read my blog are usually Windows Media Center users, having been one of the community leaders in the MCE world previously.

Part 1 - Music Library

Part 2 - Movie Library

I still need to do part 3 - TV Shows and part 4 everything else.

Thanks for all your help! Big Grin
I think I mentioned before that fanart.tv lets you put requests to the 'artists'. So if there is anything you need try putting it on there.

(2013-04-15, 14:55)Samu-rai Wrote: I think I mentioned before that fanart.tv lets you put requests to the 'artists'. So if there is anything you need try putting it on there.

Yes I did have a quick look at that but you have to individually request each type of artwork for each movie? Looks to be a time consuming process even to put the requests in.

When I have more time I will come back to the missing extra artwork situation, for now I have other XBMC related things to be looking at, mainly live TV and if I can integrate my home automation system (VeraLite) more with XBMC ?

Thanks
(2013-04-15, 15:02)cw-kid Wrote:
(2013-04-15, 14:55)Samu-rai Wrote: I think I mentioned before that fanart.tv lets you put requests to the 'artists'. So if there is anything you need try putting it on there.

Yes I did have a quick look at that but you have to individually request each type of artwork for each movie? Looks to be a time consuming process even to put the requests in.

When I have more time I will come back to the missing extra artwork situation, for now I have other XBMC related things to be looking at, mainly live TV and if I can integrate my home automation system (VeraLite) more with XBMC ?

Thanks

there's also a limit on the amount of request you can do.
There's nothing else you can do than just wait until some one find the time to create the missing artwork.
Just be glad that there's already that much available Smile
I've got one slight issue now, on this screen shot you can see there is extra artwork the logo and clearart are present.

I then reloaded this movie title and then I lost the extra artwork

I have tried removing this movie from the library and adding it back in but still missing artwork now, not sure how to get it back, those images are still in the movies folder on the server.

The IMDB rating has also changed and a studio logo is now missing. The synopsis looks different as well.

Thanks

EDIT: I just ran solo mode on this movie title and its brought back the logo and clear art on the information page. The little studio icon is still missing though.
Also where do the actor images come from ? / Which add-on handles that?

EDIT2: I edited the .nfo file and changed the studio name from Warner Home Video to Warner Bros. and the studio icon is now showing again.
(2013-04-15, 15:19)cw-kid Wrote: I've got one slight issue now, on this screen shot you can see there is extra artwork the logo and clearart are present.

I then reloaded this movie title and then I lost the extra artwork

I have tried removing this movie from the library and adding it back in but still missing artwork now, not sure how to get it back, those images are still in the movies folder on the server.

The IMDB rating has also changed and a studio logo is now missing. The synopsis looks different as well.

Thanks

EDIT: I just ran solo mode on this movie title and its brought back the logo and clear art on the information page. The little studio icon is still missing though.
Also where do the actor images come from ? / Which add-on handles that?

EDIT2: I edited the .nfo file and changed the studio name from Warner Home Video to Warner Bros. and the studio icon is now showing again.

It sounds like you have changed your movie scrapper from that which you had before, hence why you now have different synopsis etc. The IMDB rating may have changed because it has changed on IMDB between the first time you scrapped it and now; although if you have changed scrappers it could be taking this rating from somewhere other than IMDB.

The actor info is also downloaded by the scrapers.

and if you refresh a movie you will loose the artwork so you need to rescan that specific movie again with AD
I am not currently using the default TheMovieDB.org scraper I installed a different movie scraper for MyMovies.dk. My Movies is a back-end / front-end for MCE. I am still using their back-end SQL database / Collection Management software on my WHS server. It creates .nfo and .tbn files for movies in XBMC. So when I first imported all my movies to XBMC it was the metadata from MyMovies.dk that was being used / displayed.

I think on this 2001 movie I just selected to reload from the Internet which may have then used TheMovieDB.org instead hence the differences between my two screen shots.

Is it TheMovieDB.org scraper that generally gets you the actors pictures?

I may in the long run ditch MyMovies.dk on the back-end altogether and just use "The Movie Database" TheMovieDB.org scraper. As My Movies currently do not support TV Show metadata for XBMC, although they say they are going to be revamping all their integration with XBMC at some point.
The TV show scrapper is thetvdb.com. Movies have a few to choose from, I personally prefer the universal movie scrapper. It’s all personal preference really though.

I'm aware on mymovies.dk, as I have my 'online collection' page on there. I'm not a huge fan of the software from the experience I've had though. Prefer the scrappers to do their thing.

• 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
MQ4 - Where to start with "Artwork Downloader" add-on?0