Audio settings won't stick
When I first start XBMC it doesn't any sound. The reason is that the HDMI sound IF isn't recognized. After a restart of XBMC I can select HDMI in the System settings and then all is fine. This setting doesn't survive a standby and a restart of XBMC though - well at least not very often.

So
Start 1 (mostly) only one audio interface (SPDIF ..or so).
Start 2 .. SPDIF and HDMI audio (so after a selection of HDMI everything works well)

I hope this is understandable and enough information to get some feedback.

I am on the current XBMC relase (no dailies) and on Windows 8 Pro. I've had this since I was on Frodo .. so it's not just the newest release.
This is a known problem to which there is no easy solution. Start XBMC only after the HDMI device is initialized properly. Close XBMC before suspending the system.
Good to know that it is "known" .. so I'm not the only one. Actually both instructions are just like the way I do it .. but still it doesn't help.
I had this issue where the sound would not work after resuming after searching I found a solution for me and that was to disable all the SPDIF and other audio devices except for the HDMI one in Playback devices (right click on speaker icon in tray near clock and select playback devices

not saying this will work for you but it did for me
^^ I am using this approach. I have disabled all sound devices except the AMD HDMI.
Thanks for this, has been driving me crazy! Will look at both workarounds when I get home tonight, thanks!
(2013-04-05, 16:01)Temujin Wrote: Thanks for this, has been driving me crazy! Will look at both workarounds when I get home tonight, thanks!

let us know how you go with it Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Audio settings won't stick0