Exiting XBMC Frodo hangs HTPC!
Hi guys,

Ive been having this weird problem ever since i upgrade from Eden to Frodo! I was using only Stable Eden releases then switched to beta Frodo builds and now only using Stable Frodo builds. The skin im using is Aeon Nox.

Now im not sure whats causing this but i never had the problem with Eden, it only started when i switched to the Beta Frodo releases, and remains when i switched over to stable Frodo release!

Basically, what happens is when i bring up the shutdown menu, and click on either POWER OFF SYSTEM or EXIT. The program will just hang and do nothing, i wait a few minutes nnothing happens. I then try click a key on my remote again and i see the loading spindle on the mouse and then after a few seconds the screen fades slightly to white and brings up a windows message saying that the Window is not responding or something like that, then gives me a choice of force quitting it or to WAIT FOR PROGRAM TO RESPOND!

Does anyone know why this is happening? and how i can fix this?! Im not sure if this is a frodo or skin problem!

Thanks
debug log would go a long way here Wink
Oh man, sorry completely forgot. Posted help thread from work as hardly get time on the computer at home Wink , ill post the Log once i get home though.

Thanks.
Been really busy lately, hadn't used my HTPC for last few weeks and had forgotten about the problem. Last few days since ive been using it again, this problem still persists and is now really getting very annoying, sometimes it never exits at all even if i wait 10mins. I have to do a forceful exit of the app.

I have uploaded a log from yesterday here:
http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=12366

With this i basically went in to XBMC, scrolled to a movie in a custom smart playlist and then played and watched the movie for 1.5hours. After movie finished, i tried Power Off the System, and it hanged for 5mins before i did a force close (from the Program not responding dialogue box).

I would really really appreciate if someone could please help me solve this problem!

Also one other problem is the thumbnails loading, they are taking ages to appear! If you can spot anything in the log to do with this then please let me know.

Thank you.
Until some guru comes along.

Update your drivers, update DirerectX and disable Library auto update.
Please upload a new log with debugging enabled. Thanks.
Thanks guys, drivers and directX are already up to date - only did it a few days ago. I will try turning off Library Auto Update Plugin. (The setting is already disabled in xbmc options - but it still happens everytime i load xbmc cause of the plugin).

@artafael, i will get a new log tonight. Is debugging just enabled through the normal xbmc options?

Thanks guys for your help!
here you go http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Log_file/Easy
thanks mate, thats excellent
OK, i seem to have solved the problem! I took Burkes advice and started off by disabling some add-ons for updating library.

The criminal was the Watch Dog add-on. Disabling this now exits xbmc only after a few seconds i tell it too.

One problem that i have now witnessed, is that i had a problem yesterday with my router thats connected to my fibre optic broadband, i have a lan cable going from this router to a HP Switch that then connects to my NAS Server, HTPC etc...

Now yesterday when the internet was down on the router, i couldn't get into XBMC on my htpc at all! It was slow as hell and took ages to pass the splash screen to get to the main menu, once it eventually did non of the films were there!

I find this really weird that why it is being reliant on the internet/router to be active!

Is the reason for this in some way linked to how my sources are set up? or is it something entirely different?

Thanks
(2013-04-18, 12:51)KILLERNADS Wrote: Now yesterday when the internet was down on the router, i couldn't get into XBMC on my htpc at all! It was slow as hell and took ages to pass the splash screen to get to the main menu, once it eventually did non of the films were there!

I find this really weird that why it is being reliant on the internet/router to be active!

Is the reason for this in some way linked to how my sources are set up? or is it something entirely different?

Thanks

While I can't speak for your configuration in particular, this is something I had issues with years ago (and still to this day) but received no response from the devs in regard to a resolution, workaround or explanation Sad

Even though I run only USB drives, plugged directly into the USB ports of the HTPC that XBMC runs on, and XBMC is set to point to these LOCAL drives only with absolutly NO network resources in anyway shape or form... When my router is switched off ALL of my local library content becomes unavailable Huh ... Wait ... What now Laugh Rofl I've never figured that "feature" out or seen a use for it Huh
Just want to say thanks for posting the solution. This was driving me crazy. I had uninstalled Watchdog, but still needed to manually delete 3 files.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Exiting XBMC Frodo hangs HTPC!0