• 3(current)
[WIP] Sketchy
(2013-04-16, 10:20)minimoe Wrote: Great.
And something else: the fonts of the Weather widget and the on-screen keyboard are too small. I was trying to "type" something the other day and it is not so easy. The letters "e" and "c" for example look the same on my 42" TV.

The icons you use in the main menu, are they yours or are they part of an icon pack? I want to add more items in the menu but I don't have suitable icons.

ok, I'll put bigger fonts. Indeed, they are small at some places.

the icons were made by "igotdvds". You can look inside the media folder in the svn repo. There are some unused if I recall correctly. inside "media/homeicons"

edit - Look also under "/media/simplicity/icons". There are other icons located there.
New default Info Dialog (you can still disable it and get the standard full frame poster):

Optional Video OSD "Less Info", ideal to keep seeing the subtitles while looking at remaining time or clock :

I've fixed the small fonts on Home Weather icons and also on the keyboard. Hope it's big enough. Otherwise, I'll just keep growing them, no problem.

I'll ask for a pull request later today, so everyone will have the latest version for the weekend Smile
(2013-04-18, 17:50)Balinus Wrote: Optional Video OSD "Less Info", ideal to keep seeing the subtitles while looking at remaining time or clock
You know what my pet hate is? Remaining time on the OSD.
I'm just saying, I don't mean that you should waste your time changing that. Big Grin

(2013-04-18, 17:50)Balinus Wrote: I've fixed the small fonts on Home Weather icons and also on the keyboard. Hope it's big enough. Otherwise, I'll just keep growing them, no problem.

I'll ask for a pull request later today, so everyone will have the latest version for the weekend Smile
Oh, thanks. The older I get, the more difficult it is to read the small print...Confused
Panasonic 42G10 ♦ Onkyo TX SR507 ♦ Teufel Concept R2 ♦ TV Box (COOLEME MB1/Libreelec)
(2013-04-19, 09:18)minimoe Wrote: You know what my pet hate is? Remaining time on the OSD.
I'm just saying, I don't mean that you should waste your time changing that. Big Grin

What do you mean? You prefer when there is no "remaining time" shown? On my side, that's the single most used information! hehehe With that being said, it would be really easy to add a skin option "Hide remaining time". A matter of minutes adding that option.

Just tell me if I understood you correctly though and that you prefer it hidden!

Quote:The older I get, the more difficult it is to read the small print...Confused

hehehe you're not alone there. Smile Anyway, the fonts were definitely too small in front of my TV (42") too.
(2013-04-19, 15:13)Balinus Wrote: What do you mean? You prefer when there is no "remaining time" shown? On my side, that's the single most used information! hehehe With that being said, it would be really easy to add a skin option "Hide remaining time". A matter of minutes adding that option.

Just tell me if I understood you correctly though and that you prefer it hidden!
I prefer current playing time, total runtime and the "Ends at:" time. Your OSD contains 2 out of 3 Smile

As I said, don't waste your time on this.
Panasonic 42G10 ♦ Onkyo TX SR507 ♦ Teufel Concept R2 ♦ TV Box (COOLEME MB1/Libreelec)
(2013-04-19, 15:58)minimoe Wrote:
(2013-04-19, 15:13)Balinus Wrote: What do you mean? You prefer when there is no "remaining time" shown? On my side, that's the single most used information! hehehe With that being said, it would be really easy to add a skin option "Hide remaining time". A matter of minutes adding that option.

I prefer current playing time, total runtime and the "Ends at:" time. Your OSD contains 2 out of 3 Smile

As I said, don't waste your time on this.

ok!

Well, since you've debugged most of the skin, I'm sure I can take 5 mins to add the option of total runtime (an easy option to choose between remaining time and total runtime) and about 5 lines of code.

edit - Done in 2 minutes, with my daughter on my lap. Wink In version 1.0.5 (next week!)
Then you should give her credits Smile
(2013-04-19, 16:08)Balinus Wrote: edit - Done in 2 minutes, with my daughter on my lap. Wink In version 1.0.5 (next week!)
Hehe...thanks! Image

A couple more bugs\omissions:
The last TV alert is usually blank. Sometimes is the last and the second-to last.

There are no icons for DTS-MA and Dolby TrueHD

Oh, in some views you use the dreaded "HD Ready 1080" icon Wink

And something I just found. When I select "Search" from the home button menu, I get this screen:

(2013-04-21, 10:11)butchabay Wrote: Then you should give her credits Smile

hehehe! Smile

(2013-04-21, 11:21)minimoe Wrote:
(2013-04-19, 16:08)Balinus Wrote: edit - Done in 2 minutes, with my daughter on my lap. Wink In version 1.0.5 (next week!)
Hehe...thanks!

A couple more bugs\omissions:
The last TV alert is usually blank. Sometimes is the last and the second-to last.

[...]

There are no icons for DTS-MA and Dolby TrueHD
[...]

Oh, in some views you use the dreaded "HD Ready 1080" icon Wink

And something I just found. When I select "Search" from the home button menu, I get this screen:

Thanks, I'll look into those issues Smile Next week I'm fairly busy but the week after it should be fixed.
New alternate ("optional") Home layout. Also added random fanart as background for Home window.

need more cool viewtypes mate

keep up good work
(2013-04-23, 09:12)Razieal Wrote: need more cool viewtypes mate

keep up good work

You mean for Movies and TV shows?
(2013-04-21, 11:21)minimoe Wrote: A couple more bugs\omissions:

I'm not sure it will be possible to only show 1 TV alert if you have only one upcoming shows. I've looked into it and it's not clear.

Quote:There are no icons for DTS-MA and Dolby TrueHD

Should be fixed in 1.0.5. Keep me posted on that as I don't have those kind of audio (for lack of a proper sound system! Sad )

Quote:Oh, in some views you use the dreaded "HD Ready 1080" icon Wink

Changed them for something a little less "2008". Wink

Quote:And something I just found. When I select "Search" from the home button menu, I get this screen:

Fixed in 1.0.5.

Thanks!
Mate, you're a coding machine! Big Grin

(2013-04-23, 18:11)Balinus Wrote:

I'm not sure it will be possible to only show 1 TV alert if you have only one upcoming shows. I've looked into it and it's not clear.

You're probably right. When I have 3 or more upcoming shows I don't see any blank entries.
(2013-04-23, 21:14)minimoe Wrote: Mate, you're a coding machine! Big Grin

hehehe didn't take long Smile
Quote:
(2013-04-23, 18:11)Balinus Wrote:

You're probably right. When I have 3 or more upcoming shows I don't see any blank entries.

Indeed. I'm forced (as far as I know) to use 1 single label for all three TV alert. I don't know how I could use a visible condition on a part of that label instead of on the whole label or how I cold use 3 label, one after another.
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[WIP] Sketchy6