Solved Help me with my MySQL all broken - just 1 question about syncing left
Running Windows 7 64Bit XBMC12.1 and MySQL5.5

I'm prepared to start over from scratch but now i'm completely lost because of all the trouble i'm having.

Just right now i installed MySQL and added the SMB shares to the PC that runs 24/7 as the MySQL and main XBMC install.
But after i added the sources to XBMC and i try to scrape for info it doesn't save that data at all, so after i open the settings of that source again it shows None again instead of Movies or Shows so i cannot scrape at all.

I am now prepared to just delete my entire XMBC library just to make it work.
Can anyone help?

<advancedsettings>
<videodatabase>
<type>mysql</type>
<host>192.168.2.24</host>
<port>3306</port>
<user>xbmc</user>
<pass>xbmc</pass>
</videodatabase>

<musicdatabase>
<type>mysql</type>
<host>*192.168.2.24</host>
<port>3306</port>
<user>xbmc</user>
<pass>xbmc</pass>
</musicdatabase>

<videolibrary>
<importwatchedstate>true</importwatchedstate>
</videolibrary>
</advancedsettings>
Is it just me or are a lot of people having problems?
Debug log

My guess is that the "xbmc" user doesn't have permissions to the MySQL database (possibly the MySQL setup wasn't followed correctly?)
Also when i remove my advancedsettings.xml my entire library including progess is back, i also had a problem earlier that my entire database was gone when MySQL worked for the first time Sad

http://pastebin.com/Sthf4uiJ
Saw that the user wasn't okay but now it is and now i get this:

14:31:00 T:1964 ERROR: Unable to open database: MyMusic6 [1049](Unknown database 'mymusic6')
14:31:00 T:1964 ERROR: Unable to open database: MyMusic5 [1049](Unknown database 'mymusic5')
14:31:00 T:1964 ERROR: Unable to open database: MyMusic4 [1049](Unknown database 'mymusic4')
14:31:00 T:1964 ERROR: Unable to open database: MyMusic3 [1049](Unknown database 'mymusic3')
14:31:00 T:1964 ERROR: Unable to open database: MyMusic2 [1049](Unknown database 'mymusic2')
14:31:00 T:1964 ERROR: Unable to open database: MyMusic1 [1049](Unknown database 'mymusic1')
14:31:00 T:1964 ERROR: Unable to open database: MyMusic [1049](Unknown database 'mymusic')
14:31:01 T:1964 ERROR: Unable to open database: MyVideos75 [1049](Unknown database 'myvideos75')
14:31:01 T:1964 ERROR: Unable to open database: MyVideos74 [1049](Unknown database 'myvideos74')
14:31:01 T:1964 ERROR: Unable to open database: MyVideos73 [1049](Unknown database 'myvideos73')

http://pastebin.com/KCaQP5u3
I would have to agree with ConfusedTA. I ran into this exact same issue the other day. Double check to make sure the xbmc user has access to the mySQL database.
Well now it does have access but it says unknown database Confused
I fixed it.
I placed the advancedsettings somewhere else.
Then i opened XBMC to check all contents and then i just erased the database folder in Appdata>Roaming>XBMC and then i placed the advancedsettings back and manually re added the sources as i deleted the sources.xml too.

After that i started updating my library and all content started returning and it also import the watched state for about 90% as the most recently watched shows aren't checked anymore.

So i'm all good Big Grin and my clients are also working by just adding the same sources.xml and advancedsettings.xml to the userdata
All i want to do now is sync my Addons/Skin settings is this possible through the following?
Also i can use the same advancedsettings file on any device right? From my "central" XBMC setup to all other XBMC clients.

<substitute>
<from>special://profile/addon_data/</from>
<to>smb://XBMC/Users/Server/AppData/Roaming/xbmc/userdata/addon_data/</to>
</substitute>

and for my favourites?

<substitute>
<from>special://profile/favourites.xml</from>
<to>smb://XBMC/Users/Server/AppData/Roaming/xbmc/userdata/favourites.xml</to>
</substitute>
Anyone?
I guess Favourite part would work.

But Addon_Data might not be a good idea. While it might works for some add-ons. Lot of it would have problem, it's up to how they are wrote.
For example Youtube add-on won't download any files because Download path won't be found.
Ahh okay, is there any way to sync skins and possibly their settings?
Probably should change the thread subject to [SOLVED] if you're satisfied with your resolution to the original problem.
(2013-04-16, 19:10)jhhoffma Wrote: Probably should change the thread subject to [SOLVED] if you're satisfied with your resolution to the original problem.

Done Smile

Just wondering if it is possible to sync skins and their settings

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Help me with my MySQL all broken - just 1 question about syncing left0