weird channel issue
Tongue 
Niobe here. Been enjoying xbmc since beg. of Jan. Had several setup issues especially with live Tv. Using npvr as backend and issues seem to. disappear when I upgraded to frodo 12.1. Channel changes seem to work well. The only issue is with 1 channel. I can watch this channel which happens to be Fox (in Knoxville tn. is 43.1 - WTNZ). and its the correct channel. If I watch thru xbmc "Live TV" the channel designation (is the same 43.1 WTNZ but the programming is entirely different (ie: christian broadcasts). I'm not sure this is a xbmc issue but the change only occurs thrum xbmc. Any insite would be greatly appreciated
Does that channel show the correct video when you watch it directly in NextPVR?
Thanks sub3 for the reply. Yes, it shows the correct video in NextPVR
Hi Super6. I am also in Knoxville TN and I use NPVR and XBMC with the addon. I get the proper channel when I choose my WTNZ channel. I do however seem to have guide data mixed between WVLR (the religious channel) and WTNZ for some odd reason. This appears to be the same issue you are having.

After looking at this in more detail and looking thru the guide in XBMC, it does not appear to effect all shows only some of them. It seems if a show is missing the "overview" you see the overview from the show before it. In my case when I just looked I saw the overview from the "700 Club" for the show "Right This Minute". The "700 Club" also happens to appear on the WVLR network at the same time as "Right This Minute" does on WVLT, but also airs on WVLT right before "Right This Minute".
Hey Kricker. I'm actually in Maryville, within the city limits, not way out in the county. WTNZ is the worst signal I get even with the Leaf Plus. I thought maybe a more local (to me) signal (and channel) was overtaking the WTNZ signal and thus the programming issue I stated at the beginning. However, when WTNZ did come in, it did so thru nPVR only. Also, the channel scan from nPVR shows WTNZ twice, at two different channel positions on the channel list. Anyway, I'm resolved to watch any live TV programs broadcast on WTNZ thru nPVR not the XMBC interface. The other issue I have is my "TV Guide" thru XMBC is blank and only partially populated when bringing it up thru nPVR. As I said earlier, I'm a newbie at this HTPC stuff but learning by way of all the struggles and some frustration. All very worth it though.
Regards
I'm in west Knoxville off Northshore just past I-140. I'm not using over the air but I have basic cable and grab the clear-QAM feeds. Chances are we need to adjust what you are using to grab your guide data and which OTA channels you are receiving. It can be a tad tricky when you are a noob at it. Feel free to PM me, I can give you an IM account you can chat with me and maybe I can get you setup a little better.
That would be fantastic. I can use all the help I can get. I sent you a PM.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
weird channel issue0