New Build Questions
Lightbulb 
Hey Team-Xbmc great program and keep up the hard work.

Looking at creating a new build of Xbmc on my Hp N40l Microserver. It's currently located in a cupboard that I've converted into a "nerdery" and I run a 10 meter HDMI through wall to TV with a Asus 6450 1Gb Graphics Card. I also have modded bios and installed a SSD for quick boot/app launching.

Currently it runs Windows Server 2012, Sabnzdb, Sickbeard, Couch Potatoes and Utorrent with Xbmc Milestones, and sits at around 10% CPU usage. But I can still hear the 6TB Ive pooled with Drive Bender making noise. Maybe Utorrent is making them spin up? As it is installed there to prevent overuse of SSD.

Anyway I could go on for days.... My Main question is can I migrate to a Linux Build of Xbmc for performance increase (faster boot time and better idling of drives) and so I can have a fresh install now I have my head around all these automated programs.

Should I use the Minimal Install or Server of Ubuntu. I browse for torrents and nzdb's and occasionally would like to play emulators with Xbox 360 controller.

Or stick with Server 2012 which I cannot get Raspberry Pi's around home to find shared folders properly. And seems to be bloated with stuff I dont need.

Sorry if this belongs in Support I considered it more of a which OS suites me best question.

Regards Javlin

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
New Build Questions0