Req Allow multiple servers of the same backend-type.
Brick 
I'm missing the option to use 2 or more of the same backends.
I have 2 tvheadend servers, but can only use one with the pvr features. I have to add the second one in the files section.
It would be really nice to be able to add 2 or more backends of the same type.

A discussion about this on the tvheadend site: https://tvheadend.org/issues/1097
AFAIK a workround is to simply duplicate and rename the folder of the pvr addon
(2013-04-05, 21:06)da-anda Wrote: AFAIK a workround is to simply duplicate and rename the folder of the pvr addon

I tried that, but I can't get that working.
I'm using openelec 3.0.
What I tried is this:
Code:
cp -r /usr/lib/xbmc/addons/pvr.hts /storage/.xbmc/addons/pvr.hts2
cp -r /storage/.xbmc/userdata/addon_data/pvr.hts /storage/.xbmc/userdata/addon_data/pvr.hts2
nano /storage/.xbmc/userdata/addon_data/pvr.hts2/settings.xml (and edit the settings so it matches the second server)
But that doesn't work.
Do you know what files I have to copy to get that working??
Did you edit the addon.xml?
Thank you! That did the trick.
Here the instructions how to do this in openelec 3.0.0:

Code:
cp -r /usr/share/xbmc/addons/pvr.hts /storage/.xbmc/addons/pvr.hts2
cp /usr/lib/xbmc/addons/pvr.hts/XBMC_Tvheadend.pvr /storage/.xbmc/addons/pvr.hts2/XBMC_Tvheadend.pvr
cp -r /storage/.xbmc/userdata/addon_data/pvr.hts /storage/.xbmc/userdata/addon_data/pvr.hts2
nano /storage/.xbmc/userdata/addon_data/pvr.hts2/settings.xml (and edit the settings so it matches the second server)
nano /storage/.xbmc/addons/pvr.hts2/addon.xml (change id="pvr.hts" to id="pvr.hts2" and name="Tvheadend HTSP Client" to name="Tvheadend2 HTSP Client")

After this, reboot and enable the addon in xbmc and it's working.
How does this appear in practice, may I ask? Do you get a combined recording and channel list, for example, perhaps with duplicate entries for "Channel X from backend A" and "Channel X from backend B"? Or do you need to disable one addon and enable the other to switch between the two?

I doubt it's a seamless co-existence, but I'm hopeful!
You don't have to switch. You can have all your channels mixed and ordered the way you want. Doesn't matter if the channel is from backand A or B. Haven't tested this with recordings. But they also should appear in the same place together.
Where can I find the addon.xml? I can logon over Wincsp in my Linux box, but I can't see the addon.xml file. Can you give me the path?
I have the same problem with the PVT VU+ addon, I have two Dreamboxes with the different IP and I don't know, how can I duplicate the addon. Thank you!
@Prof Yaffle: the biggest issue with this is http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/14498. There are probably a slew of other issues as well but none of these are fixable before that one is fixed since it would make debugging/development a pain.

@ProTV: it's either in ~/.xbmc/addons/pvr.vuplus or in /usr/share/xbmc/addons/pvr.vuplus.
This seems to work much better in Kodi Isengard, at least with the TVHeadend PVR addon running under Ubuntu Linux. See my comments in this post.
Yeah from memory I did see some changes pushed into Isengard that stopped the conflicts/timing issues when multiple addons were enabled at the same time. Good news to hear it's actually being used by someone in anger Smile

Cant recall which dev made the changes and Ive been trying to find the merged PR for over an hour now and have given up lol. I remember there was a bit of debate around wanting it to be done properly vs just getting this fix in to at least make it possible. Anyway if someone does stumble upon the code change, feel free to jog my memory with the link Smile
pvr.wmc TV addon and ServerWMC Backend Development Team
http://bit.ly/ServerWMC
Look for unmerged PRs under Jalle19.
Oh it wasn't merged?
pvr.wmc TV addon and ServerWMC Backend Development Team
http://bit.ly/ServerWMC

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Allow multiple servers of the same backend-type.2