Was Gaming HTPC, now just HTPC
Hi Guys,

Well, as they say, things change. A few weeks ago I decided to build a Gaming HTPC for our sitting rooms older 55" Sony RP. Then the misses got involved, fnar fnar.

We have ended up buying a Sony KDL-55 HX893, which as you may be aware does 3D. The main gaming computer will now come down into the man cave, to run on the older Sony 55" RP, so the gaming side is sorted for now.

Existing gaming pc is as follows:

Asus P7P55D-E
Intel i5 760 oc'd from 2.80 to 3.66
HIS 6950 (runs most of my racing sims at full chat so OK for now) - must say though, I have not tried this at 1080p, but hopefully wont have an issue as it does Eyefinity OK
8gb Corsair Vengeance 1600mhz ram
Numerous HD's, albeit not SSD
OCZ Fatality 750w psu

HTPC spec I think I am still going to go is:

Silverstone GD05, (purely because the 04 is out of stock everywhere)
Asus P8Z77-M mobo
Intel i5-3570K (already bought)
Sandisk 240gb Xtreme SSD. (already bought)
Scythe Shuriken 2 Rev B cooler
Lite On BD drive
PSU - ain't a clue, lol

Because I already have the SSD & 3570k, I'm not totally sure which direction to go. Do I rebuild the Gaming pc with the 3570k etc & move the older i5, (if I can find a M-ATX LGA1156 board for it) to the HTPC, although will this have enough CPU power to do 3D?

Decisions, decisions. I love the net, but I hate it. far too many options. Whatever happened to buying a magazine, (paper type), looking through the back pages. Choosing the one item on sale & buying it over the phone, lol

Suppose if I stick with the original build what psu could I get away with if the 3570k is strong enough to do 3d/1080p without running a separate GPU.

Cheers guru's, Shane
(2013-04-06, 13:15)spooky321 Wrote: Suppose if I stick with the original build what psu could I get away with if the 3570k is strong enough to do 3d/1080p without running a separate GPU.

Cheers guru's, Shane
HD4000 in Intel i5-3570K is all you need for 3d/1080p/hd audio....

This silent PSU should work very well for your build- SeaSonic Platinum Series SS-400FL2 Active PFC F3 400W ATX12V Fanless 80 PLUS Platinum Certified Modular Active PFC Power Supply.....
>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Was Gaming HTPC, now just HTPC0