Req make "recently added movie" hide watched items by default
(2013-05-24, 02:13)catware Wrote: I also ran into this issue, and after about an hour came up with a solution. Now, after movies or episodes are watched, they no longer show up in the home screen thumbnail list and are replaced with the next ones in line.

The solution involves changing what is displayed in the "IncludesHomeRecentlyAdded.xml" file. You need to replace the "LatestMovie" references with the corresponding "RecentMovie" ones, which are Skin Widgets. Here are the steps I took:

(1) Make sure Skin Widgets are installed. Follow these instructions: http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Add...in_Widgets

(2) Then in xbmc go to the Skin Widgets "Configure->Recent Items" tab, and make sure all three items are checked (the first two should be checked by default, and the third item, "Update each time you enter the home screen", will refresh the list when you return to the home screen after watching a file).

(3) Make a backup of your "IncludesHomeRecentlyAdded.xml" file

(4) Open the original "IncludesHomeRecentlyAdded.xml" file (that xbmc will load), and replace the following lines. (I only did movies and episodes):

Here is what you change for Movies. This is for the first item -- you need to change all 10 from "LatestMovie.1" to "LatestMovie.10":

Code:
<item>
    <label>$INFO[Window.Property(LatestMovie.1.Title)]</label>
    <label2></label2>
    <onclick>PlayMedia($ESCINFO[Window.Property(LatestMovie.1.Path)])</onclick>
    <icon>$INFO[Window.Property(LatestMovie.1.Thumb)]</icon>
    <thumb>-</thumb>
    <visible>!IsEmpty(Window.Property(LatestMovie.1.Title))</visible>
</item>

change to:

Code:
<item>
    <label>$INFO[Window.Property(RecentMovie.1.Title)]</label>
    <label2></label2>
    <onclick>PlayMedia($ESCINFO[Window.Property(RecentMovie.1.File)])</onclick>
    <icon>$INFO[Window.Property(RecentMovie.1.Art(poster))]</icon>
    <thumb>-</thumb>
    <visible>!IsEmpty(Window.Property(RecentMovie.1.Title))</visible>
</item>

And here is what you change for episodes (again, change all 10 of them):

Code:
<item>
    <label>$INFO[Window.Property(LatestEpisode.1.EpisodeTitle)]</label>
    <label2>$INFO[Window.Property(LatestEpisode.1.ShowTitle)] - $INFO[Window.Property(LatestEpisode.1.EpisodeNo)]</label2>
    <onclick>PlayMedia($ESCINFO[Window.Property(LatestEpisode.1.Path)])</onclick>
    <icon>-</icon>
    <thumb>$INFO[Window.Property(LatestEpisode.1.Thumb)]</thumb>
    <visible>!IsEmpty(Window.Property(LatestEpisode.1.EpisodeTitle))</visible>
</item>

change to:

Code:
<item>
    <label>$INFO[Window.Property(RecentEpisode.1.Title)]</label>
    <label2>$INFO[Window.Property(RecentEpisode.1.TVshowTitle)] - $INFO[Window.Property(RecentEpisode.1.EpisodeNo)]</label2>
    <onclick>PlayMedia($ESCINFO[Window.Property(RecentEpisode.1.File)])</onclick>
    <icon>-</icon>
    <thumb>$INFO[Window.Property(RecentEpisode.1.Art(thumb))]</thumb>
    <visible>!IsEmpty(Window.Property(RecentEpisode.1.Title))</visible>
</item>

After this, it should work as desired. At least it does on my xbmc! (running 12.2)

I'm running xbmc 13.2 with the default Confluence skin, I followed the instructions in this post to a "T" but after making the changes to IncludesHomeRecentlyAdded.xml the recent widget on my Home screen for Movies is no longer displayed. Here is a code snippet from IncludesHomeRecentlyAdded.xml:

Code:
                    <content>
                        <item>
                            <label2/>
                            <onclick>PlayMedia($ESCINFO[Window.Property(RecentMovie.1.Path)])</onclick>
                            <icon>$INFO[Window.Property(RecentMovie.1.Thumb)]</icon>
                            <thumb>-</thumb>
                        </item>
                        <item>
                            <label>$INFO[Window.Property(RecentMovie.2.Title)]</label>
                            <label2/>
                            <onclick>PlayMedia($ESCINFO[Window.Property(RecentMovie.2.Path)])</onclick>
                            <icon>$INFO[Window.Property(RecentMovie.2.Thumb)]</icon>
                            <thumb>-</thumb>
                            <visible>!IsEmpty(Window.Property(RecentMovie.2.Title))</visible>
                        </item>

I have triple checked everything from this post and everything is configured as instructed.

Am I missing something?
(2013-05-24, 02:13)catware Wrote: I also ran into this issue, and after about an hour came up with a solution. Now, after movies or episodes are watched, they no longer show up in the home screen thumbnail list and are replaced with the next ones in line.

The solution involves changing what is displayed in the "IncludesHomeRecentlyAdded.xml" file. You need to replace the "LatestMovie" references with the corresponding "RecentMovie" ones, which are Skin Widgets. Here are the steps I took:

(1) Make sure Skin Widgets are installed. Follow these instructions: http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Add...in_Widgets

(2) Then in xbmc go to the Skin Widgets "Configure->Recent Items" tab, and make sure all three items are checked (the first two should be checked by default, and the third item, "Update each time you enter the home screen", will refresh the list when you return to the home screen after watching a file).

(3) Make a backup of your "IncludesHomeRecentlyAdded.xml" file

(4) Open the original "IncludesHomeRecentlyAdded.xml" file (that xbmc will load), and replace the following lines. (I only did movies and episodes):

Here is what you change for Movies. This is for the first item -- you need to change all 10 from "LatestMovie.1" to "LatestMovie.10":

Code:
<item>
    <label>$INFO[Window.Property(LatestMovie.1.Title)]</label>
    <label2></label2>
    <thumb>-</thumb>
    <visible>!IsEmpty(Window.Property(LatestMovie.1.Title))</visible>
</item>

change to:

Code:
<item>
    <label2></label2>
    <thumb>-</thumb>
    <visible>!IsEmpty(Window.Property(RecentMovie.1.Title))</visible>
</item>

And here is what you change for episodes (again, change all 10 of them):

Code:
<item>
    <label>$INFO[Window.Property(LatestEpisode.1.EpisodeTitle)]</label>
    <label2>$INFO[Window.Property(LatestEpisode.1.ShowTitle)] - $INFO[Window.Property(LatestEpisode.1.EpisodeNo)]</label2>
    <onclick>PlayMedia($ESCINFO[Window.Property(LatestEpisode.1.Path)])</onclick>
    <icon>-</icon>
    <thumb>$INFO[Window.Property(LatestEpisode.1.Thumb)]</thumb>
    <visible>!IsEmpty(Window.Property(LatestEpisode.1.EpisodeTitle))</visible>
</item>

change to:

Code:
<item>
    <label2>$INFO[Window.Property(RecentEpisode.1.TVshowTitle)] - $INFO[Window.Property(RecentEpisode.1.EpisodeNo)]</label2>
    <icon>-</icon>
    <visible>!IsEmpty(Window.Property(RecentEpisode.1.Title))</visible>
</item>

After this, it should work as desired. At least it does on my xbmc! (running 12.2)

Bit of a noob here. Running Openelec off a Raspberry Pi. How do I go on about it? Looking to get the same going within Confluence. Is the xml located somewhere? Or do I need to create one? Thanks!
This is a feature I also will love to get and use.
Hi,

For all of you using the latest Skin Widgets (0.0.30) with Kodi, there are some more changes that you might need.

As you can see here:
http://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:Skin_Widgets/RecentItems

In Movies,
the thumbnail is now: Art(poster) instead of Thumb
the file is now: File instead of just Path

So, make changes in IncludesHomeRecentlyAdded.xml

Code:
to
Code:

and

Code:
to
Code:

For TV Episodes:
Firstly Change LatestEpisode to RecentEpisode

Then make these changes:

the Show Name is now TVshowTitle instead of ShowTitle
the Episode Name is now Title instead of EpisodeTitle
the thumbnail is now: Art(thumb) instead of Thumb
the file is now: File instead of just Path

So, make the changes in these 4 lines. Let all other lines remain the same.
Code:
<label>$INFO[Window.Property(RecentEpisode.1.EpisodeTitle)]</label>
<label2>$INFO[Window.Property(RecentEpisode.1.ShowTitle)] - $INFO[Window.Property(RecentEpisode.1.EpisodeNo)]</label2>
<onclick>PlayMedia($ESCINFO[Window.Property(RecentEpisode.1.Path)])</onclick>
<thumb>$INFO[Window.Property(RecentEpisode.1.Thumb)]</thumb>
to
Code:

Hope this helps!

-Abir.
Thank you guys! Very helpfull, and -must need- feature. Dont know, why devs doesnt want this functionality in Confluence core..
Still not default? Hmm. What arguments against this as default do we currently have?
In the new default skin Estuary (Kodi 17?) they will have this as default. Finally Smile

At least I hope there will be functionality to remove "watched" from Recently added.
let's continue the discussion here: http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=263585

It's the "On Deck" thread for Estuary (the new Kodi default skin for v17+)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
make "recently added movie" hide watched items by default4