Win 720/1080p MKV stuttering
My system should easily be able to process 720p and even 1080p MKVs it can through all my other movie software with ease.

AMD X2 265 @ 3.3GHZ
HD6850
4GB DDR3
128GB SSD

It stutters playing MKVs in 720p and 1080p even from the beginning of the movies they are just unplayable. Tried with DXVA on and off and it makes ZERO difference. Right now my workaround is GOM player for my HD and 3D movies however its annoying as I have my PC hooked up to my LCD and use a remote control using an external player means I gotta use a mouse to close it. Rather frustrating workaround. Also I tried with all skins I have including AEON nox and it happens with all so its not a skin issue.
It's probably an issue with your audio settings.

Are you using HDMI? Are you connected to an AVR or direct to a TV? what type if audio do your files have? is it HD audio? if so try disabling the "TrueHD capable receiver" and "DTS-HD MA capable receiver" items, check also the sticky http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=146911
Had the same problem until I read the above link. :-)
HP N54L server with 6GB Memory and 10TB storage
Freenas server
HD Homerun twin HD network tuners (awesome)
2 x Pi 512 (B)
thanks guys disabling DTS and Dolby fixed it.. Figured it could be sound after all really appreciate help!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
720/1080p MKV stuttering0