Solved Which CD/DVD Drive?
Hi all

where can I find the setting to change which CD/DVD drive XBMC looks at, currently I have three but it looks at an external drive for ripping and I want to change it to look at the internal drive.

Also when it does look at the drive it does not see any disc loaded so asks for one, but the disk is there and plays fine on WMP?

Thanks in advance
Mysticpete
HP N54L server with 6GB Memory and 10TB storage
Freenas server
HD Homerun twin HD network tuners (awesome)
2 x Pi 512 (B)
Currently nowhere. The whole cd/dvd code is a legacy from good old xbox and just expect one drive. There's much to change to implement more than one drive. Don't think this will happen soon if ever.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
(2013-04-07, 19:20)WiSo Wrote: Currently nowhere. The whole cd/dvd code is a legacy from good old xbox and just expect one drive. There's much to change to implement more than one drive. Don't think this will happen soon if ever.

Oh now that's interesting and disappointing Sad

Thanks for the information
Freenas server
2 x Pi 512 (B)
Does it pick up the driver with the first letter? For eg, if you have cd drives D, E, and F, does it always find D first?

If so, you could cheat and change the letter assigned to the drive to force it to be picked up first. It's rather straight forward from Windows Disk Management.
HP Stream Mini w/Libreelec -> HDMI -> Toshiba 37"
Intel NUC8i3BEH w/Libreelec -> HDMI -> LG OLED55C3PUA -> S/PDIF -> Sony HT-CT80
Dell Optiplex 7050 Micro w/Libreelec -> HDMI -> Yamaha RX-V467 -> HDMI -> Toshiba 47L7200U
(2013-04-08, 01:52)Jogee Wrote: Does it pick up the driver with the first letter? For eg, if you have cd drives D, E, and F, does it always find D first?

If so, you could cheat and change the letter assigned to the drive to force it to be picked up first. It's rather straight forward from Windows Disk Management.

Good suggestion, but no it does not I'm afraid, this gives me an idea tho.....
Freenas server
2 x Pi 512 (B)
(2013-04-08, 01:52)Jogee Wrote: Does it pick up the driver with the first letter? For eg, if you have cd drives D, E, and F, does it always find D first?

(2013-04-08, 02:42)mysticpete Wrote:

Good suggestion, but no it does not I'm afraid, this gives me an idea tho.....

OK XBMC ONLY looks for drive letter 'D:' for CD's, it was your Xbox reference that made me think about that.....

Thanks for the support and suggestion Jogee, very appreciated.
mysticpete
Freenas server
2 x Pi 512 (B)
(2013-04-08, 03:02)mysticpete Wrote: OK XBMC ONLY looks for drive letter 'D:' for CD's, it was your Xbox reference that made me think about that.....

mysticpete

Nah, that isn't right on windows. It tries to get the first drive and use it as standard:
Code:
m_strFirstAvailDrive = m_platformStorage->GetFirstOpticalDeviceFileName();

DetectDVDType.cpp isn't in use on windows anymore.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
(2013-04-09, 21:01)WiSo Wrote:
(2013-04-08, 03:02)mysticpete Wrote: OK XBMC ONLY looks for drive letter 'D:' for CD's, it was your Xbox reference that made me think about that.....

mysticpete

Nah, that isn't right on windows. It tries to get the first drive and use it as standard:
Code:
m_strFirstAvailDrive = m_platformStorage->GetFirstOpticalDeviceFileName();

DetectDVDType.cpp isn't in use on windows anymore.

It always looked at D first which was the first drive but was allocated to an external cd drive so I switched the drive letters.

anyway there were issues with the code which seem to have been cleared up today in a pull request so will test it on tomorrows nightly build..... see this link for more.

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1392597
Freenas server
2 x Pi 512 (B)
The pr has nothing to do with the fact which drive is chosen first. It just lowers the sector count which is read from the drive. 52 sectors at once were too much for the usb drives (at least on the rpi and I don't have an usb drive for testing) so it'll lower to 10 then.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Which CD/DVD Drive?0