Problem Deleting from Library over NFS - bug?
Debug files

Using NFS on Synology shares with full read/write perms.

What works: DELETE when using Files Mode menus
What does not work: DELETE when using Library menus (pulling up context menu and using Remove from Library)

2 Questions...

1) Is there a problem deleting files over NFS? Anyone get this to work?
2) Is XBMC supposed to be deleting the show NFO file also when removing from the Library?
I'm not an expert but I play one at work.
Remove from library doesn't remove the file. It removes the (tataaaa!) entry from the database...
Memphiz,
Since I've started using this feature (12.0 release) when you open the context menu, and choose "Remove from Library", it asks you if you want to remove it from the Library... if you say YES, the a 2nd dialog pops up asking you if you want to "Delete the associated file"... another user confirmed it does delete the video file but not the NFO file.

I'm pretty sure I have a permission issue, I'm redoing them and retesting.

BUT... I don't understand why it would not also delete the NFO file? The user clearly does not want the video file so not deleting the NFO file creates orphaned files (usually many, one for each deleted episode) that is never used and serves no purpose. This just fills up drive space and now we need to manually check each folder and delete each file.
I'm not an expert but I play one at work.
there was a whole discussion about deleting related files somewhere in the feature suggestion section.
it's not a bug but by choice that is only deletes the video file and nothing else.
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Problem Deleting from Library over NFS - bug?0