HTPC Running Weird On Win 7
for the last two or so months i had been running my xbmc htpc off windows 8 and it had been running ok except a few things like windows being locked down to a point where everything had to be run as administrator including xbmc

also also the networking to my WHS 2011 would not work using the Share names so instead of access my network by using //SERVER-PC/ i had to have it //192.168.1.21

then there was the Metro UI or whatever it is called now was annoying me so i decided to install windows 7 x64 ultimate i used it a while ago and it was good none of the issues above so last night i installed then installed drivers and latest version of Onboard Radeon Drivers but i noticed today it was less fluid and snappy then when using on windows 8 and when i tried to watch some movie trailers off youtube through google chrome i could not play any higher that 380p otherwise it would be stuttering

now granted it is a Gigabyte E350N Mini-Itx CPU/APU 1.6ghz but it still has support for 1080p direct x 11

so surely it should be able to handle a 3 minute 1080p or even 720p youtube video

i cannot remember if i had this issue on windows 8 but everything else seemed a little smoother despite the issues above

anyone experience similar of have an idea what it might be i have not installed an anti-virus on there yet

it just has xbmc and drivers installed and google chrome that is it

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HTPC Running Weird On Win 70