Solved Driver update causes skin issues
Yesterday i upgraded my Intel HD graphics drivers and everything looks fine in windows,.but my xbmc skin (metropolis) looks strange after the update, for example in xbmc settings the checkboxes at just scrambled images. and other places there are some odd graphics artifacts. It is a bit hard to describe it better.
If I change the skin to confluence or something other there are no problems - I even tried to delete the Metropolis skin and reeinstall it - But it still looks odd.

Does anyone know if there is a way to force the skin graphics to "Reset" itself?
Sorry for the large pictures, it shows the issues.

It's problem with Intel Drivers, has been with last 2-3 beta revision and unfortunately appear in final version.

AFAIK Nothing can be done. It happens with Aeon Nox too.

You can report to Intel but don't hold your breath on it..

http://communities.intel.com/message/188983
Bummer, before i updated i didn't have hd audio. Don't want to go back to that.
(2013-04-08, 21:54)Lasborg Wrote: Bummer, before i updated i didn't have hd audio. Don't want to go back to that.

You can still use the newer Intel Display Audio drivers.
Just manually upgrade them instead of using the setup program.
Extract the contents of Win64_15313.exe and you will find them in the DisplayAudio directory.
Go into Device Manager and under Sound, video and game controllers, update the Intel Display Audio driver.
That is what I have done to get around the graphics glitch.

I use the Confluence skin and the on-screen pause and stop buttons are a garbled mess using the 9.18.10.3071 graphics driver.

For my Intel HD 4000 running on Windows 8 (64-bit) I am running:
Graphics: 9.17.10.2932
Display Audio Driver: 6.16.0.3106

I actually prefer the old Intel Control Panel so I am happy rolling the video driver back one level.
Thanks for the info. now everything works.
So pleased I found this thread, how do I roll back my drivers to an older version?

Ignore that, I pressed 'roll back' in the drivers section... Pretty obvious once I saw the option, wasn't expecting it to be that easy lol
Hmm, I bought a new mobo two days ago with the HD4000 gpu. I updated to latest driver via the intel program in windows and I haven't seen any issues so far?
anyway to produce the issue?

update: Been using the new rig for over two weeks now and not once have I seen any issues. Works fantastic in 50hz 60hz and 24hz
(2013-04-27, 15:16)sanity Wrote: Hmm, I bought a new mobo two days ago with the HD4000 gpu. I updated to latest driver via the intel program in windows and I haven't seen any issues so far?
anyway to produce the issue?

update: Been using the new rig for over two weeks now and not once have I seen any issues. Works fantastic in 50hz 60hz and 24hz

If you're using Windows Update it will update to only submitted drivers o microsoft. Which is not the real latest. Head to intel website and you'll find latest drivers.
No it was not via windows update, It was through intels app and it took me directly to their website.
Glad I found this post. having same issue. First thought it was in the tv setting, then swapped out HDMI cable. Glad it was neither. Now to find an older version of the driver.
I also had the same issue and rolling-back the graphics server worked, but I have a NUC board-based machine and the graphics and audio drivers are packaged together. If I roll-back to the previous graphics drivers I get the previous audio driver too and bitstreaming audio doesn't seem to work it. On balance I'll put up with the GUI glitches until(?) Intel fix it, but has anyone with a NUC managed to find a way to roll-back the graphics drivers without touching the audio drivers?
See Post#5
Same problem in their most recent driver release 9.18.10.3165
Shame really.

Hopefully this post prevents some aggravation for someone.
came from the Aeon Nox 4.0 thread till a nice member directed me here.
Having the same issues on a client's rig. Will try the suggested fix posted here.
A BIG shame to Intel for not having this issue resolved!

UPDATE: Fixed the issue using info as provided in post #5. Yes, the newer 9.18.10.3165 still does not resolve the issue as stated by javamarket.
Thanks to everyone who contributed to this thread.
HTPC
[AMD Phenom II x3 740 unlocked to quad core lapped with Zalman cooler OCed to 3.6Ghz, 128gb Samsung 840 Pro SSD, Nvidia EVGA GTX 650 Ti Boost 1gb, 3TB WD Caviar Red, 2 x 1TB Samsung F3, 4gb Corsair 1333Mhz RAM, MSI 890GMX-G65, Corsar HX420, LG Blu-ray Writer]

Yamaha Aventage RX-A2010 AV Receiver
Custom 5.1 speakers

XBMC 12.2 Frodo
Windows 8 Enterprise x64

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Driver update causes skin issues0