XBMC Fails to OPEN
I have been running XBMC Frodo 12.1 for a couple weeks now with little issues until yesterday. First I noticed after a restart that all my movies and TV shows kept on a NAS were gone in XBMC. Strange but I figured the NAS might have lost connection for some reason so I was not to concerned. Then I tried to open a link in apple podcast and it froze. I did a force quit but when I tried to relaunch it would not open. The icon would bounce in the bottom of the screen but then nothing. After two reboots of the computer and same thing I decided to remove and reinstall xbmc. I did this twice and still it will not launch. I then opened parrallels and installed the windows version (on the same machine) and XBMC works fine in windows. This is a work around but not how I would like the set up. I need this to be easy for the family to use.

Any ideas why it fails to launch? After removing and reinstalling I do not think I have a log file.

MAC Mini mid 2010
2.4Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo
GeForce 320M
8 GB Ram Crucial
Check the OS X console log it might tell you something.
Kodi 17, Transparency Skin
PogoPlug v4 running Arm Linux 4.4.63 as MySQL (mariadb) server.
Mac OS 10.12.5
2015 27" iMac 3.3 GHz Quad, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
2015 13" Macbook Pro, 8GB RAM, 256GB SSD
AppleTV 4 TV OS 10
debug log (wiki) - crystal ball broken
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
I fully removed XBMC and did a fresh install. It fails to open so I never started the debug log. On the MAC concole log it just says failed to create application after I try and start the program. I know this may not be much help but I thought I would post to see if anyone else might have the same problem of XBMC failing to launch/open at all. The best information I could provide would be the last crash report of XBMC before this all started. If you think that would be helpful I will try and post it.
do it (but use pastebin.com and put the link in here).
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Check you have not installed the 64bit version? That's what it did on mine... Just bounced up and down and crashed out.

So installed the 32bit and its fine!
Funny thing. For some reason when I started the computer up this morning. It opened as normal. I will still try and get around to putting the crash report in pastbin.

@prowlmedia. I have wondered about the 64 bit and 32 bit installs. I believe my mac should have the 32 bit. I will check it later and see wich one I have.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC Fails to OPEN0