what a good haupauge tv tuner for frodo 12.1
I want to get a haupauge tv card to watch my satalite tv on xbmc Frodo 12.1 on live tv whats a good card to get I have windows 8 I was wondering is the haupaunge WinTV-1250 pvr tv tuner ok or the haupaunge WinTV-2250 pvr tv tuner ok?
I have Dish Network and an HDPVR and I've had a few issues to work through, but since I figured it all out I've had good luck. Im capturing video via component for HD, s-video for SD, and audio over fiber (2.0 or 5.1 depending on channel). Its got a hardware H.264 encoder with AC3 audio. Not using Windows though. My backend is Mythtv 0.26 on Debian Wheezy.
@Aubrien: Wouldn't using a HDPVR require you to also use an IR blaster? (Sorry if this seams a little strange, if my memory serves me correct as to what a HDPVR is. I may be stating the obvious)
It could but it is not required. I use MythTV as my backend and I have a channel change script that invokes irsend and it does indeed blast the channels. There is no reason why you cant use firewire for the tuning instead though if you have a script that can perform the channel changes with that method. I would actually recommend firewire instead of IR as it will tend to be a little faster at tuning.

I have IR working though and I have no problems other than the slightly longer tune times due to having to blast each digit to tune. So though the HDPVR can tune with IR as it has the blaster included, the blaster is attached via a plug and can be removed if you have some other method of tuning. At least in MythTV it can. Here's a link of someone that got it working...

http://www.mythtv.org/pipermail/mythtv-u...76004.html

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
what a good haupauge tv tuner for frodo 12.10