mixed font/language in titles
I'd like to display korean and english text in the titles of TV shows and movies. They show fine in Windows Explorer but XBMC and any skin refuses to show the korean text.

Are there any solutions to this?
Use a font that contains the korean characters is normally all that is required. e.g. in Confluence use the unicode arial font.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Try reFocus BIG. It displays Japanese, Korean and Chinese perfectly Smile
(2013-04-09, 08:06)kyotocafe Wrote: Try reFocus BIG. It displays Japanese, Korean and Chinese perfectly Smile

I assume this skin contains the correct font files then? I like the look. Should be easy for my parents to navigate. Plus their eyesight will love the big fonts.

Is it easy to change the menu text too? I'd like to put korean text next to the english text in the menu (like: 영화 Movie, 텔레비전 TV, 설정을 Settings)
You can try changing the language in the appearance settings to Korean.
In case the Korean strings are not available you can try adding them yourself on the skin's language folder.
Wouldn't changing the appearance settings change the entire interface into korean text?

I'd like to take the menus as shown below and just add the appropriate korean text next to the english text

http://i.imgur.com/m8ov5.jpg

동영상 Videos
영화 Movies
텔레비전쇼를 TV Shows
...so on so forth

Where can I add the text to show like this?
Oh I see, then to have both English and Korean text I guess you will have to edit the skin files to insert the text for every menu item that you want instead of using localized strings.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
mixed font/language in titles0