Video Card Underclocking
Ill try to be as detailed as I can
if there is any other information that you need please do so ask and I will provide it shortly

1. XBMC V12.0 "Frodo" Skin Aeon Nox
2. Windows 8 Enterprise 64-bit
3. AMD Athlon II X2 245 2.9Ghz Dual Core
4. 4GB DDR2
5. ATI Radeon HD 5700 Series (5770) version 9.12.0.0
6. ASUS Xonar DX Driver Version 8.0.8.1807
7. No other devices that seem relevant o.O
8. XBMC V12.0 "Frodo" Skin Aeon Nox
9. So basically all 720p or above playback is SUPER bad like 20 fps or something CRAZY
and that was not happening when i first installed xbmc
my games were getting low fps too but didnt mind that too much until I noticed that my gpu which should have a core clock of 900Mhz was topping just 400Mhz for some reason
i messed around with some settings and it bumping to 900 again
so here is the problem... i open xbmc and my gpu clock jumps to 900Mhz but when i start ANY movie it falls to 400Mhz which i think is causing my terrible movie experience
for some reason movie playback on xbmc is not considered "high performance" so the gpu underclocks
but using any other video playback software it runs smoothly
so any ideas?
10. FULL Debug Log (not sure if you guys need this if you do ill go check how to get one)
(2013-04-09, 21:14)tomate2 Wrote: 1. XBMC V12.0 "Frodo" Skin Aeon Nox
6. ASUS Xonar DX Driver Version 8.0.8.1807
Is the audio coming out of Xonar or directly out of AMD to HDTV or AVR? Your issue is more likely related to Frodo audio output configurations. You might want to verify your Widnows and Frodo audio output configurations carefully, and you can find some tips in this thread- Simplify XBMC configurations......
>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
Im really just testing XBMC for now so not using any receivers just outputting from Xonar to computer speakers and from the HD 5770 to the computer monitor

ok i tried the simplify XBMC configurations
ive tweaked those settings before with no avail and changed the settings again according to the tread and problem still persists
(2013-04-09, 21:43)tomate2 Wrote: Im really just testing XBMC for now so not using any receivers just outputting from Xonar to computer speakers and from the HD 5770 to the computer monitor

ok i tried the simplify XBMC configurations
ive tweaked those settings before with no avail and changed the settings again according to the tread and problem still persists
Frodo should be configured as below then-

>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
ok i dont know why i cant use tinypic so i dont know how to post a screenshot
but my system settings look exactly the same as that except that on audio output device it says DirectSound: Speakers - Speakers (ASUS Xonar DX Audio Device)
A
ok i reinstalled xbmc and all movies played perfectly
i then tried to exit the program but it stopped responding so i had to force end task with task manager
after that i reopened xbmc and my movies had bad frame rates again!
whats going on? o.O
anyone have any ideas?
Are you using 'software' or hardware decoding? try dissabling DXVA2
im not sure if im using software or hardware decoding
but i did try playing videos both with DXVA2 enabled and disabled but still no changes Sad

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Video Card Underclocking0