Star rating system!
i was thinking in a small mod for xbmc to add a 5 star rating to the best games, music, movies in your collection and even sort them based on that rating. i know (more or less) how to add the rating data to the program and music databases, but how do i display them on the screen? and worst yet, how can i add a small dialog to rate that particular item?

anyone had tried this before?
added manually by pike, check your gmail for verification mail anyhow
contact mercuryinc from these boards. he was working on some code to put overlays on top of list & thumb items. your stars would qualify.

if i were you, i'd add an option to the context menu call "rate this item" which would start your code.

the dialog part may be a bit trickier, however. to make it easy, you could use the text entry dialog, or even the numeric dialog to capture input. though, the nicer way to do it would be to build a new a brand new dialog which lets the user select from zero stars to five stars in a graphical manner.

i'm think the dialog would start off with zero stars (meaning unrated), and pushing up and down adds and subtracts stars which are actually displayed in the dialog. then select/enter is used to close the dialog and set the rating.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
great idea kraqh3d, looking forward to this feature Smile don't forget to add a feature to sort files depending on their star rating. would be ideal for mp3 libaries.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
what would be the point of a rating system if the player/library didnt do anything with it.

if a rating system were to be implimented then the library would need to be able to sort by rating. also there should be a 'random top rated songs' like function

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Star rating system!0