Hauppauge remote
I'm trying to configure a hauppauge remote that came with an HVR2250, it's the 45button remote. I've been going according to a couple guides on here, plus i did a little extra digging, but there's a couple buttons that just won't work, or work right

this is my irremote.ini

Code:
[Remote]
RepeatDelay=3
;Beep = 1           ; Sound for MessageBeep() to make for each Remote Keystroke
;PowerDownSound = 0 ; Sound for MessageBeep() to make when powering down

; map RC5 System Codes to button "name" lookup table
; Note: 0 (classic remote) conflicts with standard "philips" TV remotes
[SystemCode]
0=HCWClassic
28=HCWPVR2
29=HCWPVR2
30=HCWPVR2
31=HCWPVR
7=PCTV
; "IR Blaster" and 885/887 HW can support RC6; this is for the MS MCE remote table if desired
0x800f=MSMCE
; This supports using the MCE "Beanbag" remote with retail apps on non-MCE systems
0xffbc=MSMCERCV
0x2040=HCWPVR2

; these tables map actual IR scan codes to button "names" on a per system code basis
; Undefined values get the name "CODExx" by default (mostly for debugging)
; Real buttons on a remote should always get a real button name
; Note: some button "names" can only be generated by certain remotes

; Also, note that seemingly similar buttons may have unique names on different remotes
; This is to allow treating them differently based on the remote, and the
; "paradigm" of how they are used.  For example; on old remotes there is a seperate TV
; button, but no GRNPOWER button.  So, on old remotes we treat TV as on/off, where  on PVR
; remote we use the GoMenu function (or RED as On), and the GRNPOWER as Off.

[MSMCE]
12=GRNPOWER
23=REC
25=STOP
24=PAUSE
22=PLAY
21=REWIND
20=FASTFWD
26=SKIPFWD
27=SKIPREV
13=MCEJEWEL
35=BACK
38=GUIDE
32=NAVLEFT
33=NAVRIGHT
30=NAVUP
31=NAVDOWN
34=OK
37=LIVETV
74=VIDEOS
71=MUSIC
73=PICTURES
80=RADIO
70=TVNEW
14=MUTE
;16=VOLUP
;17=VOLDOWN
18=CHNLUP
19=CHNLDOWN
36=DVDMENU
0=0
1=1
2=2
3=3
4=4
5=5
6=6
7=7
8=8
9=9
10=CLEAR
11=ENTER
78=PRINT
72=RECORDEDTV
28=MCEPOUND
29=MCESTAR
128=MCE128
129=MCE129
90=TEXT
91=RED
92=GREEN
93=YELLOW
94=BLUE
15=MCEINFO

; First item in this section IS always the default app if no others found
[Applications]
XBMC=

[XBMC]
GRNPOWER=s
0=0
1=1
2=2
3=3
4=4
5=5
6=6
7=7
8=8
9=9
STOP=x
PAUSE={space}
PLAY=p
REWIND=r
FASTFWD=f
SKIPFWD=.
SKIPREV=,
BACK={backspace}
MCEINFO=i
NAVUP={UP}
NAVDOWN={DOWN}
OK={enter}
NAVLEFT={left}
NAVRIGHT={right}
VOLUP=+
VOLDOWN=-
MUTE={F8}
CHNLUP={pgup}
CHNLDOWN={pgdn}
MCEJEWEL={esc}
RECORDEDTV=k
GUIDE=e
LIVETV=h
DVDMENU={ctrl}{shift}m
ENTER=m
CLEAR={tab}
TEXT=t

buttons that aren't working, are TEXT, RECORDEDTV, GUIDE, LIVETV, MCEINFO, MCEJEWEL

buttons that I know so far aren't working right, are definitely CLEAR, and ENTER, these seem to act sporadically. I read in another thread that someone had similar issues and resolved it by moving the xbmc section of the irremote.ini file up before another section, i've gone so far as to strip any unused info from it, kept a backup of course, but i'm not sure what's going on here. hoped someone might be able to help?

i suspect some of their functionality may be hard coded somewhere else which may be causing my issues? I'm on Windows 7 btw if it matters at all
I think I'm onto something, but I'm not sure

I found this site earlier
http://xbmccustomregis.sourceforge.net/remote_manu.html

and downloaded the mceremotemapper.exe tool

when I ran it, it didn't pick up a complete list of buttons on my remote and the missing buttons appeared to be the ones i mentioned weren't working. and earlier I had applied some settings with the mceremote plugin that updated the registry, so I went back to the plugin and restored the default registry keys and went back into the mceremotemapper tool and the rest of the buttons were there

So i've gone through the mappings in there, and applied the mappings the way i want them to be for xbmc. I can't test it since i'm at work right now configuring this remotely. Now I realize this may not be the best way as it has probably overwritten the mappings configured for media center to name one example, but my htpc is setup as a dedicated media center and xbmc is run as the winlogon shell, so it's the only application used on the system and in that regards this method should not pose any issues in my case.

crossing my fingers that it works though, will post back in about 5 hours

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Hauppauge remote0