• 3(current)
TESTERS WANTED: XBMC pre-v12.2 testing
just added this to trac: #14269

it is about truehd and dts-hd but I also got no sound what so ever in the 12.2 pre (openelec 3.0.1 devel) only tested with hdmi though.
(2013-04-13, 17:01)needtotest Wrote: just added this to trac: #14269

it is about truehd and dts-hd but I also got no sound what so ever in the 12.2 pre (openelec 3.0.1 devel) only tested with hdmi though.

Wrong place to post that bug report, besides which if it's a ION system you're using for XBMC then that's not a bug either as ION doesn't do TrueHD or DTS-HD bitstreaming. Please post on the Linux forum any follow up at http://forum.xbmc.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=52
(2013-04-13, 17:43)jjd-uk Wrote:
(2013-04-13, 17:01)needtotest Wrote: just added this to trac: #14269

Wrong place to post that bug report, besides which if it's a ION system you're using for XBMC then that's not a bug either as ION doesn't do TrueHD or DTS-HD bitstreaming. Please post on the Linux forum any follow up at http://forum.xbmc.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=52
closed it as invalid
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
but I had sound working (standard) in 12.1 and had no sound in 12.2 pre - which is basic why I posted here ... not just the dts and truehd.
Ah ok missed that you didn't have audio at all. Please post on Linux forum for help to make sure there isn't an error in your audio config as there has been a number of AE fixes in 12.2, so it may require something different in setup, only confirmed bugs should be raised as Trac tickets.
Still only one channel of audio with external FireFace audio interface on a Mac Mini with 10.7.5.
One change: No GUI sounds at all now!

This really gets frustrating now. 12.0 is the last version that works for me.

Tested with xbmc-20130410-bf6203f-Frodo-x86_64

Cheers,
MR.
14 April 2013 test builds are now ready.
Where's the Ubuntu test builds?

uNi
argh - sorry - for any reason I didn't saw your suggestion to post reports in this threat.

I opened a new threat in OSX support, I'm afraid:

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=162358

(2013-04-13, 23:45)Bub4 Wrote: Hello,

I've recently updated to 12.2pre and now 2.0 stereo sound doesn't work anymore.
5.1 works fine. Menu sound also work fine.

I haven't found any system setting to get it work Sad

Following the logs:
http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=11756

System Profile:
Model: Macmini4,1, BootROM MM41.0042.B03, 2 processors, Intel Core 2 Duo, 2.4 GHz, 8 GB, SMC 1.65f2
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce 320M, NVIDIA GeForce 320M, PCI, 256 MB
Memory Module: BANK 0/DIMM0, 4 GB, DDR3, 1067 MHz, 0x857F, 0x483634353155363446373036364700000000
Memory Module: BANK 1/DIMM0, 4 GB, DDR3, 1067 MHz, 0x857F, 0x483634353155363446373036364700000000
AirPort: spairport_wireless_card_type_airport_extreme (0x14E4, 0x93), Broadcom BCM43xx 1.0 (5.106.198.19.22)
Bluetooth: Version 4.0.8f17, 2 service, 18 devices, 1 incoming serial ports
Network Service: Ethernet, Ethernet, en0
Network Service: AirPort, AirPort, en1
Serial ATA Device: C300-CTFDDAC128MAG, 128,04 GB
Serial ATA Device: HL-DT-STDVDRW GA32N
USB Device: MT1956, 0x0e8d (MediaTek Inc.), 0x1956, 0x24400000 / 2
USB Device: BRCM2070 Hub, 0x0a5c (Broadcom Corp.), 0x4500, 0x06600000 / 3
USB Device: Bluetooth USB Host Controller, apple_vendor_id, 0x8218, 0x06630000 / 6
USB Device: IR Receiver, apple_vendor_id, 0x8242, 0x06500000 / 2

Do you have any idea?

Thank you so much for this wonderful application and your outstanding support!!!
I really love XBMC!

Please let me know, if you need further information.

Thank you

Edit:
Sorry - forgot:
I'm using onkyo HT-R380 receiver which supports Dolby TrueHD, DTS Master Audio.
OS 10.7.?3?

Memphiz replied already!!

I used the April 12th test-build and two channel sound was working fine before upgrading.
Before I used also Frodo, but a 12.0 Nightly. I can not tell you which Nightly it was exactly.

In future I'll post test related things in this threat.

Thank you for your support!!
How would you ever be sure this is bug free on linux and rpi if there are no test builds available for them?

It may sound negative but do not inhibit my free speech here...

Seems to be making a trail to an xbmc 12.3 if you continue on the current path. Maybe lunux and rpi are better off ignored? 12.X in general has already proven problematic. If not for work of folks like Sam at STMLabs and the xbian project we would not have much working at all on apple tv1 and rpi. They seem to work a lot to clean up the messes left by devs.
(2013-04-16, 01:34)tekno Wrote: How would you ever be sure this is bug free on linux and rpi if there are no test builds available for them?

It may sound negative but do not inhibit my free speech here...

Seems to be making a trail to an xbmc 12.3 if you continue on the current path. Maybe lunux and rpi are better off ignored? 12.X in general has already proven problematic. If not for work of folks like Sam at STMLabs and the xbian project we would not have much working at all on apple tv1 and rpi. They seem to work a lot to clean up the messes left by devs.

There wasn't any public test builds for v12.1 at all, so at least we're going in the right direction. Before v12.1, XBMC only had one bug fix release that I can recall (I think we had some in the Xbox-exclusive-days, but that was before I was on the Team), which was v10.1. For Frodo to get a second bug fix release is a big deal, and it's only possible because of the hard work of everyone who makes XBMC. It takes more time to backport a fix so that it applies to both the future v13 and for v12. That means we're doing more work than we've ever done before to an already released version of XBMC.

The reason Linux and Raspberry Pi builds are not already available is because our build bot doesn't make builds for them. Linux (and the R-Pi is also Linux) works differently than other platforms. Plain and simple. It has nothing to do with preference or ignoring one platform or another.

We'll never be "bug free". We try to get as many bugs as possible, and be as stable as possible, but there will always be some bugs. The point of this thread isn't to catch general bugs, but simply to make sure that new bugs aren't introduced as a result of bug fixes. All the bug fixes going in are bugs that have been caught already, but simply applied to a stable v12 build. While v12.1 did introduce some minor bugs that were not in v12.0, virtually none of them where linux specific. Most bugs in general appear to be non-platform specific.

Most of our devs use Linux, and as a result of that, it's generally been less important to get linux test builds out there than it is for other platforms. Not to mention, it's a lot easier to compile for Debian, Ubuntu, Arch, etc, than it is for Windows, Mac OS X, iOS, or Android.

Due to the Raspberry Pi's nature of needing a barebones OS to get the most out of XBMC, we've always left building binaries of XBMC to OpenELEC, Raspbmc, Xbian, etc. Finding test builds for the R-Pi simply means asking those groups and their communities if they can build something that I can link to in the first post.

With all that being said, we still want to get test builds out there for others to easily test, but someone still has to make those builds. I'm also not a developer myself, and barely know enough about how to compile XBMC on Linux for some of my specific devices. Our actual developers are very busy with their own lives and with working on existing XBMC bugs and features, so support members like myself try to assist in ways like this, by organizing test threads or doing leg work.

XBMC is a community project. Yes, there is a TeamXBMC, but we wouldn't have XBMC without the greater community (nor would we have a TeamXBMC, since all of us were just "in the community" at first). TeamXBMC is just one way to orchestrate the over-all community that contributes to XBMC and its code. If there are no test builds for something, then guess who I'm going to ask? The community.

XBMC devs, both those formally apart of Team XBMC, as well as XBMC devs in the community, are working their butts off improving XBMC. For someone to say that they're "leaving messes for other people to deal with" couldn't be further from the truth.

I will keep using my free time to find a test build for Linux and R-Pi users. Anyone who would like to help make those builds, please contact me. To everyone else, stop asking. When one exists, it will be posted.
This is an opensource project which means for the most part the work is not paid for so people work on the parts that interest them with the resources they have available. If you want builds for your distribution make them and then share them on here so others can try them. Thats how opensource works.
Josh and Ned, yes I understand that I can "make" them , however the call was to test, and we can not test what does not exist without building. You are not asking windows nor mac users to compile their own are you?

As for 12.1 it was silently released it seems and in the case of what I had on an ATV1 required a rebuild bof OS and drivers! So we see how good that was. Also 12.1 is plagued with issues for many of the same reasons as I see 12.2 to be doomed for the attitude of "no need to test Linux Builds"

Someone must do dilligence , especially if you are asking for testers and ignoring 2 of the most popular platforms.
(2013-04-16, 04:38)tekno Wrote: Josh and Ned, yes I understand that I can "make" them , however the call was to test, and we can not test what does not exist without building. You are not asking windows nor mac users to compile their own are you?

As for 12.1 it was silently released it seems and in the case of what I had on an ATV1 required a rebuild bof OS and drivers! So we see how good that was. Also 12.1 is plagued with issues for many of the same reasons as I see 12.2 to be doomed for the attitude of "no need to test Linux Builds"

Someone must do dilligence , especially if you are asking for testers and ignoring 2 of the most popular platforms.

I took time out of my day to explain to you the situation, and you apparently didn't bother to read what I wrote.

This is your only warning: do not post in this thread again. Not one word.
One thing that would actually make it a lot more likely to get people/distros to do linux test builds is if you can provide a source release along with the test builds. The traditional way to distribute software in linux is simply a tarball containing the source tree of the program for the user to compile and install. Binaries are usually provided by the various linux distributions as a convenience but developers of linux software rarely provide them themselves. I know that it only takes a simple git command to get the source tree but doing test builds from an ever changing git tree causes a number of its own complications so it is very unlikely that most people will bother providing their build for others.

If you can provide a source tarball in the test builds directory I will gladly provide an ebuild(gentoos source based take on packaging) for gentoo linux that will make it even more convenient for gentoo users to test it.

~Jess
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TESTERS WANTED: XBMC pre-v12.2 testing2