Any thoughts on XIOS DS
(2013-06-24, 17:19)baruchin Wrote: - most Class 4, 1/2 of the Class 6 cards, and very few Class 10 cards will do random 4k write at around ~1.5MB/s. it sounds slow, but its good enough for most applications
- most Class 10 cards will have a random 4k write of about ~0.01MB/s (that is not a typo). That means that most Class 4 micro cards are theoretically 150x faster than most Class 10 micro cards.

Holy smokes. I guess that would certainly explain why some people are having issues and I'm scratching my head because I can't reproduce it. It also might explain why my class 4 SD card for my second RPi is surprisingly not slow. This is very interesting information.
For some (extra) info and the tool to test your card;
http://www.j1nx.nl/howto-optimize-linux-sd-card-rootfs/
(2013-06-25, 08:14)Ned Scott Wrote:
(2013-06-24, 17:19)baruchin Wrote: - most Class 4, 1/2 of the Class 6 cards, and very few Class 10 cards will do random 4k write at around ~1.5MB/s. it sounds slow, but its good enough for most applications
- most Class 10 cards will have a random 4k write of about ~0.01MB/s (that is not a typo). That means that most Class 4 micro cards are theoretically 150x faster than most Class 10 micro cards.

Holy smokes. I guess that would certainly explain why some people are having issues and I'm scratching my head because I can't reproduce it. It also might explain why my class 4 SD card for my second RPi is surprisingly not slow. This is very interesting information.

Here is the software I used to compare my class 10 and class 4 microSD. The difference in random 4K write speed was abismal.

http://crystalmark.info/software/Crystal...dex-e.html < I'm not in anyway related to this software, so if you consider that this link breaks forum rules, please delete it
works great for me for the price...
i like it just fine. All i'd like is some way to shut - turn off - the thing down. Since my remote died - i need a new battery - i've been using RemoteMe on my Android phone to navigate and select the movie to watch from my PC. But when i get done, i can't figure out how to Shut Down. i've d/l a couple of apps but none of them work - well one does - but all it does is to reboot the device.

So, i'm reduced to walking over and unplugging the unit - ug.

Have a great afternoon! Smile
remote batteries are cheap.
Thanks, Davilla!

So, is it even possible to shut this thing down from the command line?

Have a great morning! Smile
not M3, the M3 does not support 'shutdown', only suspend/resume.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Any thoughts on XIOS DS0