What Remote
What do you want the user button to do?

When you say TVGuide, what do you mean?
I mean the TV Guide to get me to the EPG screen, like in the screenshot below

http://infinbox-data.com/modulo-ipna/man.../xbmc2.jpg

Not sure what I would like the user button to do, any recommendations?
So you need to create a keymap file.

Create a file called nyxboard.xml and put it in the the $HOME/.xbmc/userdata/keymaps folder.

The EPG key is actually f3 so you want something like this:

Code:
<!-- Mappings for the Motorola Nyxboard remote -->
<keymap>
  <global>
    <keyboard name="Motorola Nyxboard Hybrid">
      <f3>XBMC.ActivateWindow(pvrguideinfo)</f3> <!-- EPG Button-->
    </keyboard>
</global>
</keymap>

The window names you will have to play with to get the right one (unless someone else would like to pitch in), they are defined here:

http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=Window_IDs

There is a group of 9 near the bottom to do with the PVR stuff you will probably want one of them.

Once you have this working you can add more keys to the keymap (as shown in my original keymap above), eg you might want to map the Red button to be the context menu, and the SMS stuff is very useful.

I don't actually have the User button do anything in XBMC. In IR mode I have it switch source. By not having it do anything in XBMC means if I press it to change source and I'm in the wrong mode it doesn't do anything.
Hi, Is that on a Linux system, I need to do that?
Actually it will work on any OS although the path to the file would change.

The path I have shown is the correct location for a Linux setup.
My vote is for a Harmony with a MCE receiver or Flirc. The phone-based remotes are a novelty, but having to look at the phone screen to change the volume or channel is more annoying than I expected.
Zed's no moving parts HTPC
i3 2100, Thermalright Ultra 120 HS, 4GB DDR3, 60GB OCZ Vertex 2 SSD, Z68 Mobo, Silverstone TJ08B-E Case, Seasonic 400FL PSU, Onkyo TX-SR608

Zed's Trinity uHTPC
A10 5700, Noctua NH-L9a HSF, 4GB DDR3, 64GB Crucial M4 SSD, MSI FM2-A75IA-E53 Mobo, Wesena ITX4 Case w/90W PSU

I got a Flirc recently and its annoyed me to no end. I'm trying to program it but i keept getting mystery characters
(2013-04-19, 18:57)bznotins Wrote: My vote is for a Harmony with a MCE receiver or Flirc. The phone-based remotes are a novelty, but having to look at the phone screen to change the volume or channel is more annoying than I expected.

I'm currently using a Harmony 900 with the MCE receiver and it works awesome by programming it as an MCE keyboard.

What is the advantage to using Flirc over this setup?
(2013-04-19, 20:44)DaveNinja Wrote: I got a Flirc recently and its annoyed me to no end. I'm trying to program it but i keept getting mystery characters

Oh no! This doesn't sound good, head on over to forum.flirc.tv and I'll try my best to get you happy with Flirc again Smile

Chris (from Flirc)

Flirc now has a forum: forum.flirc.tv
I have been an owner of a Harmony One Remote..

From what i ve read Harmonies have a delay from the moment you press the button till the IR signal is sent...
You can lower it.. but its there..

So i sold the Harmony Remote, because this latency issue was really annoying for me

Look in here
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...ght=remote

for a great remote, suggested by a great XBMC expert Big Grin

(i also use a k230 logitech wireless keyboard, that i keep it hidden in a shelf and used it only for the initial xbmc setup)
For a very basic remote that works awesomely right out of the box,...I use Windows Media Center MCE PC Remote Control and Infrared Receiver. While I tend to use my IOGEAR Multimedia Keyboard with Laser Trackball and Scroll Wheel, my son uses nothing but the remote.

I just started setting up and using PsuedoTV,..and I have to say, this remote works extremely well with PsuedoTV.
(2013-04-24, 10:23)solamnic Wrote: I have been an owner of a Harmony One Remote..

From what i ve read Harmonies have a delay from the moment you press the button till the IR signal is sent...

So i sold the Harmony Remote, because this latency issue was really annoying for me

Look in here

(i also use a k230 logitech wireless keyboard, that i keep it hidden in a shelf and used it only for the initial xbmc setup)

Maybe the Harmony One is different but I haven't noticed ANY latency at all on my Harmony 900 (I'm not using the RF functionality).
I use the URC-WR7 which is a universal learning remote much like that Phillips one, however it allows for discrete on/off codes as part of macro functions if your devices support them. I have mine set up with discrete codes and it gives me pretty much the same experience as a harmony, minus the delay (I HATED that about my harmony), and for wayyyy less money haha.

I use it with an HP ehome reciever I bought on eBay. The remote has a built in code for the ehome remotes, so I didn't even need an original remote to learn anything from. I used the learning function to learn some of the extra commands for my AVR and the 6 buttons on my ATV2 remote. I haven't reached the limit of commands that can be learned but I read somewhere that it was about 30.

Overall I am very happy with this remote and all said and done, with the ehome reciever included, I paid like 40 dollars.
(2013-04-24, 18:20)turnerm Wrote:
(2013-04-24, 10:23)solamnic Wrote: I have been an owner of a Harmony One Remote..

Look in here

Maybe the Harmony One is different but I haven't noticed ANY latency at all on my Harmony 900 (I'm not using the RF functionality).

I use the Harmony 900 with RF. The LAG is horrendous. I'm currently searching out a installer so I can get my hands on a URC. The Harmony's aren't quite configurable enough for me (No ability to use you're own Activity icons, inability to deal with HDHomerun tuner, general PITA to program) and the RF sucks. After years of searching for the perfect remote (Tivo Slide was the closest) I've finally decided to do it myself. The URC is configurable enough to do whatever I need.
(2013-04-24, 18:48)teaguecl Wrote:
(2013-04-24, 18:20)turnerm Wrote:

Look in here

I use the Harmony 900 with RF. The LAG is horrendous. I'm currently searching out a installer so I can get my hands on a URC. The Harmony's aren't quite configurable enough for me (No ability to use you're own Activity icons, inability to deal with HDHomerun tuner, general PITA to program) and the RF sucks. After years of searching for the perfect remote (Tivo Slide was the closest) I've finally decided to do it myself. The URC is configurable enough to do whatever I need.

I have activity buttons set up to take me directly to Kids DVD's, DVD's, TV Shows etc with my Harmony. I just installed an IR Repeater and it's been working great. I agree that the RF is crap. The range is horrible and it does indeed lag.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
What Remote1