Win won't transmit video over dlna link
Help!

I'm brand new to this forum and to dlna networks & media sharing.
I have read the FAQ & searched the forum and can't find the answer. I apologize if my problem has been dealt with before.

I am trying to use XBMC 12.1
Windows XP Pro SP3
CPU: AMD Phenom II X4
4 GB RAM
media player is a Sony Blu Ray player, model BDP-S5100 (brand new)
network connection is wireless in a DLNA configuration

I first set up Windows Media Player 11 on the PC in media sharing mode, and when it didn't work, downloaded XBMC and installed it (with the same results).
From the Sony, under the VIDEO menu, there is an icon for Window Media player and an icon for XBMC. When I select either one, there are folders visible. Under the folders, there are file names of the dozen video files I placed in both the Window Media player library and the XBMC library. When I select one, I get an error message "CANNOT LOAD DATA". Some files are AVI and some MPG.
Yes, I enabled media sharing in WMP and in XBMC (under Settings). I also enabled (in Windows) the drive sharing option and then the folder sharing properties (where the video files are stored on the PC). I also temporarily disabled virus protection. Nothing worked.

The Sony appears to be working in all other respects. It plays videos from a USB drive and from the web just fine.

What am I doing wrong?

Oh, I tried to add the log file in this thread but couldn't figure out how to do it. It's been one of those kind of days.
Scifi-fan

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
won't transmit video over dlna link0