• 18(current)
librtmp - Help Thread
You are right I get the same result with profile.. Makes no sense when I can replace /storage/lib/librtmp.so.0 with a bogus text file and live streaming breaks.

Gonna try your method.
If I use your script and the same .profile mod as above I get same results in prof /usr/lib:/lib first.
(2013-08-25, 16:27)tuxen Wrote: If I use your script and the same .profile mod as above I get same results in prof /usr/lib:/lib first.

Yes, you will, as the hack kicks in during autostart.sh (so very late in the boot sequence) - that's why it's a hack. Smile

The hack is very specific to xbmc.bin and how it is started which currently takes place in 93_xbmc - no other service is affected by the hack except those services started in 93_xbmc.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
I know it sounds weird but neither if I'm running a echo of the path periodically it does not show up.
Bogus file does not break it either.. It's as hacklib does not run even though I run it manually.
Can there be any differences with Gotham.

Edit: hold on now its me! Sorry
(2013-08-25, 16:45)tuxen Wrote: I know it sounds weird but neither if I'm running a echo of the path periodically it does not show up.
Bogus file does not break it either.. It's as hacklib does not run even though I run it manually.
Can there be any differences with Gotham.

You won't see any change to LD_LIBRARY_PATH in a console, as the change occurs during the boot sequence only - even if you run autostart.sh from the command line, it checks if the parent process is initd (ppid 1, ie. being run at boot) and if not it will not run the hack, this is to allow you to test/debug autostart.sh for other functionality which would be impossible if the hack is run every time.

To confirm the hack is working, grep autostart.sh in /var/log/messages - this is what I get with OE Gotham:
Code:
rpi512:~ # grep autostart.sh /var/log/messages
Jan  1 01:00:12 rpi512 user.notice autostart.sh: Adding 3rd Party libraries to LD_LIBRARY_PATH!
Aug 25 15:00:29 rpi512 user.notice autostart.sh: Mounting RAM-based /var/tmp/lib3dparty - requesting 1591k
Aug 25 15:00:29 rpi512 user.notice autostart.sh: Starting XBMC using /etc/init.d/93_xbmc

Edit: Ah OK, just seen your edit! Smile
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2013-08-25, 13:55)tjmarques Wrote: is there a mac powerpc version of the librtmp library (for Tiger/Leopard)?
can you build one?

thanks

Will take me a tad bit of time as I have to build a PowerPC cross-compiler.
@milhouseVH
Yep all ok now thanks. I must have been to fast and logged in while I tested.
Funny thing is a bogus file will make favorites fail for some reason to. Heh

But all works yours is the correct method thanks.
(2013-08-25, 17:43)RedPenguin Wrote:
(2013-08-25, 13:55)tjmarques Wrote: is there a mac powerpc version of the librtmp library (for Tiger/Leopard)?
can you build one?

thanks

thanks for the fast reply
i think i could do it myself, i am no software engineer but i have done my share of coding and compiling.
plus i have a powerpc mac as you can imagine, no need for a cross compiler...
let me know if i can help

thanks again
(2013-08-25, 17:59)tjmarques Wrote:
(2013-08-25, 17:43)RedPenguin Wrote:
can you build one?

thanks

thanks for the fast reply
i think i could do it myself, i am no software engineer but i have done my share of coding and compiling.
plus i have a powerpc mac as you can imagine, no need for a cross compiler...
let me know if i can help

thanks again

Well if you want to, you can attempt to follow the instructions here:

http://stream-recorder.com/forum/customi...16103.html
i'll give it a try and get back to you
thanks again
i did manage to build it following the instructions you linked to.
for the record, on a powerpc mac running os-x leopard i had to:
- install git
- install a more recent version of openssl (macports) and soft link libssl.dylib and openssl includes from /usr/lib and /usr/include to newer (macports) install (at /opt/local/lib and /opt/local/include by default)
- get the rtmpdump source and KSV patch (and apply the patch as described)
- make && make install rtmpdump with the SYS=darwin option

thanks for your help
Is there anyway to rollback to the "original" libtmp file if I decide to update to the newest? I am using OpenElec 3.1.6 on the pi.

Thanks!
(2013-08-30, 00:06)lowridin_guy Wrote: Is there anyway to rollback to the "original" libtmp file if I decide to update to the newest? I am using OpenElec 3.1.6 on the pi.

Thanks!

If you followed these instructions, just carry out the instructions in the section "Disabling 3rd Party Libraries".
I have a mk808b running Android 4.2 (Finless rom 2.1).
I unistalled my previous XBMC Version (Gotham Alpha 1) and tried to install these apks:
- XBMC-Android-HWAcc-13Alpha-20130219-RP-Rel3.apk - this one fails to install with a simple "app not installed" error message
- xbmcapp-armeabi-v7a-300513-hw-RP-5-25-13-librtmp.apk - this one crashes to homescreen on the first start up (when it is initializing). Then is doesn't start up any more.

Anyone has a suggestion how i can install them?
can anybody help me to update librtmp in my gbox midnight i followed the wiki instructio but i couldnt
HOW TO UPDATE LIBRTMP IN ANDROID PHONE/DEVICES

http://goo.gl/FfJG1m
  • 18(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
librtmp - Help Thread8