• 99(current)
librtmp - Help Thread
Apparently this is a grey legal area for some distributions (eg OpenELEC), so they're not keen on shipping these patches. IANAL so I don't know if they are valid concerns or not. Also, adding the patches to Kodi wouldn't benefit OpenELEC builders, as OpenELEC users need the updated librtmp.so. Of course for everyone else the PR would still be welcome, I'm just outlining why it won't be coming from me!
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2015-08-09, 15:20)qp9013625 Wrote: Hello,

since a few days, the NOW TV KODI add-on from bromix does not work any more due to some DRM changes from NOW TV, see:

https://github.com/bromix/plugin.video.n...e/issues/4

Apparently youtube-dl found a way to get some working streams again though, see:

https://github.com/rg3/youtube-dl/commit...5dd544d1f5

However, the librtmp version that comes with KODI does not seem to support those streams.

Would there be any way to fix that, so that those streams can be used again in the NOW TV Kodi add-on from bromix?

Regards

Just read the last 10 pages... i think is enough...

(2015-08-09, 18:44)Milhouse Wrote: Apparently this is a grey legal area for some distributions (eg OpenELEC), so they're not keen on shipping these patches. IANAL so I don't know if they are valid concerns or not. Also, adding the patches to Kodi wouldn't benefit OpenELEC builders, as OpenELEC users need the updated librtmp.so. Of course for everyone else the PR would still be welcome, I'm just outlining why it won't be coming from me!

Real very legal grey area.... on some country's is no problem but on other... well there is a problem... now find out on all the 196(?) country's what its legal or not... ouch... Tongue
Hi Everyone

I am new to this site and new to kodi. I have fire tv which i am trying to update librtmp. I am running kodi 14.2 could someone assist me on how to update this on Fire-tv. I have several requests for Fire-TV support but I haven't seen any responses to them. Very informative Forum you have here. Thanks in advance.
Hi Everyone,

I am running MAC OSX Yosemite and have Kodi 15.1 installed. I am trying to figure out if there is an updated librtmp file available to install for MAC. The 3-16-15 fixes folder by RedPenguin does not have an OSX folder and neither does Superceleron. I have searched and have not been able to find any such files. I would appreciate knowing if there is a patched librtmp file for OSx available.

Thank you.
In my folder use the one from the kodi14 folder, it should work ok Smile
I still didn't have time to fix my hackintosh to build a new one for with the fixes from May.
Thank you. 15.1 has changed the file name to librtmp.1.dylib. Should I change the name of the file or leave it as librtmp.0.dylib?
Leave it or change it.. what suits you best Smile
(2015-08-15, 20:34)columbo1999 Wrote: Hi Everyone

I am new to this site and new to kodi. I have fire tv which i am trying to update librtmp. I am running kodi 14.2 could someone assist me on how to update this on Fire-tv. I have several requests for Fire-TV support but I haven't seen any responses to them. Very informative Forum you have here. Thanks in advance.

You can't update on FTV unless its rooted, if its not rooted then install the IPA. check signature.
You will need to unistall the official version but you can rename the data directory when you delete it, and after installing the patched IPA, you can rename the data directly back to original name, having all the settings intact.
Hi, I got a message on my Kodi to update the LIBRTMP, which I said yes, however a message came back saying it was corrupted and that I would have to update it again. How do I do this? I am running Kodi on my windows vista pc, my Kodi version is Isengaard beta 2. I haven't updated the version yet as I am afraid that my Kodi will crash. last time I uploaded a new version I had to use fresh start and I only had updated from 14.2. Thanks for your help.
I just restarted Kodi and this time it worked. Problem resolved. (Well I spoke too soon, when I restarted kodi again, the message came up again to update. So something isn't right. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
Disable or uninstall K0di Tools....
ok, I'll try that, thanks
I'm trying to update my librtmp on a nexus player x86 android

What librtmp file do I use and where is the lib directory?

Kofi 15.1
@Milhouse: I've implemented your hacklib script on OpenELEC 5.95.4 and although it seems to work most of the time, sometimes after a reboot the LD_LIBRARY_PATH is not set at all. It looks like this happens because the mounting of tmpfs on /etc/profile.d somehow fails. When I try to go to /etc/profile.d, I cannot see any files there.

Note: this RPi2 is connected through wifi, but the updated librtmp file is located on the SD card, so it should not be dependent on the network connection. Just in case, I configured OpenELEC to wait 60 seconds for the network before Kodi starts, but as far as I can tell, Kodi always gets started well within that time.

Is there anything I can do to see why the script fails sometimes?
(2015-08-30, 23:52)MrMagic Wrote: @Milhouse: I've implemented your hacklib script on OpenELEC 5.95.4 and although it seems to work most of the time, sometimes after a reboot the LD_LIBRARY_PATH is not set at all. It looks like this happens because the mounting of tmpfs on /etc/profile.d somehow fails. When I try to go to /etc/profile.d, I cannot see any files there.

Note: this RPi2 is connected through wifi, but the updated librtmp file is located on the SD card, so it should not be dependent on the network connection. Just in case, I configured OpenELEC to wait 60 seconds for the network before Kodi starts, but as far as I can tell, Kodi always gets started well within that time.

Is there anything I can do to see why the script fails sometimes?

Shouldn't be network related.

The output of the following after it creates an empty /etc/profile.d might be useful:
Code:
journalctl --no-pager | paste
mount | paste
ls -la /storage/lib | paste
find /var/tmp/libhack -exec ls -la {} \; | paste

If tmpfs is failing for some reason - I've never had it fail - the easiest solution would be to not use /storage/.config/mktmplib (delete the file).
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
  • 99(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
librtmp - Help Thread8