Release Guitar Tabs/Chords & Bass Tabs - XBMC Tabs Search Engine
Music 
Hi,
this addon allows xbmc guitarists and bass players to access tablatures.
This is my first contact with python and it's very likely that you find some bugs in my spaghetti code Smile

Current version : Version 1.1.0
- Fanart / Artist Logo
- New tabs source
- Guitar Tabs/Chords and Bass Tabs

- fix by avjui: searches with multiple words

Songs by Artist. Find Tabs quickly by entering artist name.
Free Search ( Song / Artists ). Find Tabs quickly by entering artist name or song title.

If tab takes more than a few seconds to load, please try press ok button, or move next page

Why this is marked as plugin.video if this is only images??

I hope in the v2.0 he can enjoy also youtube videoclip and midi/Mp3, playing in the background.

Why did you use images instead showing tabs in plain text?

My first approach was to use a ControlTextBox and then use scroll, but the tabs need to be showed with a monospaced font (not used by default ) or they will be all messed up.
Then i try to check if its possible to change the default font to courier or something, but i can't find a simple solution without change the skin code

Working on:

- add youtube video clip
- make a repository and upload source code to googlecode ( for your pull request fi you want to contribute )

Special thanks to enem92 / fightnight for xbmc dev tips

Comments and feedback are very welcome.

Have fun... Smile

DOWNLOAD REPOSITORY ( Auto Updates ):
Install the guitar tabs addon from XBMC TvM Repository
repository.xbmc.tvm-1.0.zip

STATIC VERSION
plugin.video.guitar.tabs-1.1.0.zip
Great job ,im not a guitarist but wanted to say thx for the contribution
XBMC Fever..
I'm gobsmacked by your awesomeness. What a fantastic add-on. I've been playing around with a way to pull up sheet music as a background while playing music as I mainly play classical but yours is so way ahead of that.

I wonder if in future and as a real challenge it would be possible to link to the music database rather than as a video add-on. Then if you're listening to that Stevie Ray Vaughan solo and think I could do that, you could call up the tab and realise you can't.
I guess you already could do that by going to your music library, play the mp3 you want and then go to my addon, and the music still playing in backtrack with all music control available.
But in my opinion, better than having real music or youtube videoclip running as backtrack is the midi ( like in gp5 files) playing, its much more easy to get the real tempo.
Im here to see some opinions and waiting to decide the next move on addon development Tongue

Thanks for your feedback Smile
Or maybe try to link to http://www.guitarbackingtrack.com/ if your already familiar enough with the lead.
Very awesome!
Congratulations tvm the addon is getting better and better. Anything u need just get in touch

Keep the good work and congrats and thanks you for your hard work Nod
Well done tvm!
Hi

Thanks for the Plugin. I have found a little problem when I search for Artist with to names.
Here is a patch that work for me.
Code:
--- default.py.orig    2013-04-15 20:01:26.811105453 +0200
+++ default.py    2013-04-16 06:48:04.000000000 +0200
@@ -86,7 +86,8 @@
    return encode

def SongsByArtists(search):
-  url = __url_artists__ + search
+  url = __url_artists__ + '"' + search + '"'
+  xbmc.log('[Guitar Tabs] Search for url %s' % url.encode('utf-8'))
   req = urllib2.Request(url)
   req.add_header('User-Agent', __user_agent__)
   response = urllib2.urlopen(req)
@@ -107,7 +108,8 @@
   xbmcplugin.endOfDirectory(int(sys.argv[1]))

def FreeSearch(search):
-  url =  __url_pattern__ + search
+  url =  __url_pattern__ + '"' + search + '"'
+  xbmc.log('[Guitar Tabs] Search for url %s' % url.encode('utf-8'))
   req = urllib2.Request(url)
   req.add_header('User-Agent', ' Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-GB; rv:1.9.0.3) Gecko/2008092417 Firefox/3.0.3')
   response = urllib2.urlopen(req)
[/align]
Hi.
Thanks m8.
Later i will apply your fix and put the repository online, to make possible auto updates to the users of addon.
New version with avjui fix and change the link to repository for auto updates...
I can see this being very useful, thanks very much.
I see in your notes that if a TAB fails to load, pressing the ok button should do the trick.
It seems this is often the case, the arrow down button does the same thing.
A small problem I have noticed is the page breaks sometimes occur mid tab, is this due to the downloaded file?

Thanks again great work.

PS MId tab issue Seems fixed.
Yes its true, any remote event will do the trick, i will investigate why xbmc dont refresh container after load image...
Could you please tell me what song is breaking in mid of tab? because i already prevent doing that when i convert the text to image...
Thanks for you feedback
Greetings!

I'm having a weird issue, where i see the python code generating the tabs rather than the actual tabs... Anyone else had issues like this? I'm Running XBMC 12.2 (Frodo) on a Raspberry Pi Model B.
(2013-05-06, 19:37)hau_lyng Wrote: Greetings!

I'm having a weird issue, where i see the python code generating the tabs rather than the actual tabs... Anyone else had issues like this? I'm Running XBMC 12.2 (Frodo) on a Raspberry Pi Model B.

Hi.

Could you post a screenshoot to check your issue?

I see that there are much songs that are html formated instead text, thats why the parsing failed and get that garbage ( html tags )

I will try to find a new source tabs and will include logos/fan art in next release
Regards

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Guitar Tabs/Chords & Bass Tabs - XBMC Tabs Search Engine1