Help with Rom Collection Browser on Mac (XBMC Frodo 12.1)
Hey guys,

sorry if this has been posted before, but i cannot seem to find a clear tutorial to help me out.
For some reason, i cannot seem to get RCB to work properly on my my Mac Mini running XBMC Frodo 12.1.
Emulators are not starting up at all, or will start up the first time, but when i try to launch a second time it just doesn't to anything.
I probably haven't got the right setting or something.

I was wondering if anyone with a similar setup can help me setting everything up?

Which emulator to use (PS3 gamepad support is a must)
How to set it up properly

I want to make use of the following emulators:

NES
SNES
Megadrive

Any help would be highly appreciated, as i am struggling for some time now and i really want to give those old games a try again!
Great, not a single response in a week!
A more friendly bump would have increased your chances to get a response. I guess there are not much people around that use RCB on a mac, so chances are high that these few just missed your post.

I don't have a mac myself so I can't be of help atm. I have read some configurations of mac users in the RCB thread but I can't say if they still work.
(2013-04-21, 10:04)malte Wrote: A more friendly bump would have increased your chances to get a response. I guess there are not much people around that use RCB on a mac, so chances are high that these few just missed your post.

I don't have a mac myself so I can't be of help atm. I have read some configurations of mac users in the RCB thread but I can't say if they still work.

You're right, didn't mean to be rude or something, was just a little disappointed because i really want to get thing working.
I think that most people run RCB on a windows machine indeed.
Hope that i can find a good tutorial after all.
Thans for your reply though!
I just remembered a workaround that a user posted in the german XBMC forum. Unfortunately it requires to edit config.xml manually but maybe it helps.

Go to "/users/yourname/library/Application Support/XBMC/userdata/addon_data/script.games.rom.collection.browser" and open the file "config.xml".

In case of SNES (and emulator Snes9x) edit the emu cmd an params lines like this:
Code:
<emulatorCmd>open</emulatorCmd>
<emulatorParams>-a /Applications/Snes9x.app "%ROM%"</emulatorParams>
(2013-04-23, 09:08)malte Wrote: I just remembered a workaround that a user posted in the german XBMC forum. Unfortunately it requires to edit config.xml manually but maybe it helps.

Go to "/users/yourname/library/Application Support/XBMC/userdata/addon_data/script.games.rom.collection.browser" and open the file "config.xml".

In case of SNES (and emulator Snes9x) edit the emu cmd an params lines like this:
Code:
<emulatorCmd>open</emulatorCmd>
<emulatorParams>-a /Applications/Snes9x.app "%ROM%"</emulatorParams>

Great, will give that a try this weekend!
Thanks!
Still no luck unfortunately.
I just cannot get any emulator to work.
tried separate emulators, and also Mednafen, but all it says is "launching *name of game*, en nothing happens.
Is it really that difficult to have everything running on a Mac? Sad
Hey I've got a mac too and I'm trying RCB these days. So you're not alone, hehe. Smile

Here's how I run an Amiga game for instance. Look in your config.xml.

Code:
<emulatorCmd>/Applications/FS-UAE.app/Contents/MacOS/fs-uae</emulatorCmd>
      <emulatorParams>/Users/myname/Documents/FS-UAE/Configurations/CD32.fs-uae --cdrom-drive-0="%ROM%" --sub_title="%GAME%"
      </emulatorParams>

First I call the emulator binary which is inside the .app. So I would suggest you to open your .app file in the Finder and search for a binary inside.
For instance, Mednafen is like this: /Users/Yourname/Emulation/NekoLauncher Mednafen/NekoLauncher Mednafen.app/Contents/MacOS/NekoLauncher Mednafen

You can then use any emu that supports command line arguments on the mac. I mainly use Mupen64plus, Retroarch and FS-UAE.

Second you've got to enter the emulator parameters. The simpler is to add "%ROM%" so the resulting command would be like you've typed "emulator game.ext" in the terminal. By the way, using the terminal is a good way to test your command. So you're sure that the problem isn't caused by the OS.

Then you can extend the command with additional parameters like I did with FS-UAE. You can learn about these commands by reading about the emulators themselves.

But it happens I've got this "launching *name of game*, en nothing happens." issue too only if I activate the solo mode in the config. So I turn it off and it works, the games launches even if XBMC stays in the background. Look in your config xml for:
Code:
<useEmuSolo>False</useEmuSolo>

So I still need to figure what's (not ?) happening when solo mode is turned on. I guess I'll have to learn to be more familiar with bash scripts...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Help with Rom Collection Browser on Mac (XBMC Frodo 12.1)0