Rebuilding XBMC machine
Hi chaps

Looking to rebuild and add an additional 3tb drive ot me XBMC machine next week.
Is there a guide or best method in doing so by keeping my current xbmc settings/fanart/aeonnox git ??

Thanks
N
Keeping a copy of the userdata folder would be a good start.
Hi Nick

I would suggest using XBMC Backup to backup all your Data

Thanks

Mark
(2013-04-15, 12:56)nick w Wrote: Hi chaps

Looking to rebuild and add an additional 3tb drive ot me XBMC machine next week.
Is there a guide or best method in doing so by keeping my current xbmc settings/fanart/aeonnox git ??

Thanks
N

Did you ever get your bulid done? and how did you do it?
(2013-04-15, 13:43)SouthMark Wrote: Hi Nick

I would suggest using XBMC Backup to backup all your Data

Thanks

Mark

i had to do a similar thing not too long ago and i actually had a problem using that xbmc backup addon to restore my data it didn't restore everything despite me checking the items before running a backup luckily as i keep my other machines with the same aeon nox skin and settings i was able to go and copy the entire xbmc folder and then paste it and overwrite and that worked so now i keep a copy of my setup on my server just in case
I would advice to export your library with single files through the settings panel (XBMC will then create local files .nfo, poster etc in each movie folder)

then when you rescrape your hard disk, xbmc "SHOULD" import local informations and artworks

That is what I do with my old XBMC version and Aeon 3.6 (I dont know if the new XBMX/skin still support local files. I think I have read somewhere that it doesnt and put all only in the library... that is the reason why I dont update it, because this is unsafe and unconvenient)
It works in new versions also. I scrape all my movies in my download machine, export the library to individual movie folders and copy them to htpc later using a pen drive or external hdd. On scanning it will import all the saved info and graphics.
Still worried about doing this....
Shifting bits around to make space but i now only have 30gb left in total.
I find the xbmc back up tool doesn't work for me..... I says its creating individual folders but they are empty when I browse to them

N[/align]
(2013-04-30, 14:36)baijuxavior Wrote: It works in new versions also. I scrape all my movies in my download machine, export the library to individual movie folders and copy them to htpc later using a pen drive or external hdd. On scanning it will import all the saved info and graphics.

yes, but what prevents me to update my setup is mainly Artwork Downloader, I am not so sure it handles so well local files now (I know you can enable "use local files" but you have to rescrape your entire library with it... and I am not confident with this, I dont want it to download new artworks when it doesnt find local files
^^ I have problems with artworkdownloader. I can export all the artworks, but have to manually import them later in my htpc. My htpc is not connected to internet and artworkdownloader will exit saying network error.
So, Use the XBMC backup tool
Copy the XBMC folder in users-local-XBMC

Anything else?
my new 2tb drive arrives next week

Thanks
N
So, how did the rebuild go? I'm doing mine today adding 3tb and switching to openelec, maybe still haven't decided.
Main HTPC/Server, Ubuntu 18.04, Leia 18.0
ASUS Chromebox, Ubuntu 18.04, Leia 18.0, Aeon Nox 5: SiLVO Mod
Hi Shess

I didn't restore and decided to start again.
I wasn't happy with some of the collection file art work and spent a complete age doing it.

Id be interested to hear how you go about your rebuild!

Thanks
N
Still working on it. Had everything installed and somewhere during setup/tweaking started having issues with the fanart. Through the course of troubleshooting that managed to really mess things up, now unable to access through explorer. Probably re-install in the morning.
Main HTPC/Server, Ubuntu 18.04, Leia 18.0
ASUS Chromebox, Ubuntu 18.04, Leia 18.0, Aeon Nox 5: SiLVO Mod

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Rebuilding XBMC machine0