• 15(current)
Release Janitor
(2015-06-11, 17:50)patria o muerte Wrote: Hi,
i experienced an issue on latest version:

KFC delete seen movies but doesn't automatically clean movies library.

No issues with older versions.

Same problem here, also this addon never deleted the hole folders with the contents of it, even if it was only a .srt

Kinda fail, I'd love an update to fix this on android.
This was working fine for me up until today, now I get a script error. I've pasted my logs here, any idea what the problem is?

http://goo.gl/63fE8J
This plugin does not seem to work for me at all.
Here are my logs.
To my unprofessional eye it looks like this plugin is able to detect which shows need to be deleted but then gets "confused" by their location (using Emby / formerly known as MediaBrowser).

http://pastebin.com/jCD5Rri5
I'm not sure why I did not receive any email notifications about replies until yesterday. Apologies for not replying sooner.
(2015-06-15, 10:09)patria o muerte Wrote: Good morning,
here is my log file:

http://pastebin.com/F1TdLPUS

Thank you.

Thank you, I will look into it when I have some spare time.

(2015-06-17, 14:11)RockerC Wrote: Not sure if this is still being developed but if it is then this project should probably be renamed to meet the official trademark policy?

http://kodi.wiki/view/Official:Trademark_Policy

You should not use "Kodi" or "XBMC" in the name of unoffical products, see this section:

http://kodi.wiki/view/Official:Trademark...d_Software

Related Software

XBMC Foundation products are designed to be extended, and we recognize that community members writing add-ons and supplemental software need some way to identify the XBMC Foundation product to which their add-on/software pertain. Our main concern about add-ons and related software is that consumers not be confused as to whether they are official (meaning approved by XBMC Foundation) or not. To address that concern, we request that add-ons and supplemental software names not include, in whole or in part, the words "XBMC Foundation" or "Kodi" in a way that suggests a connection between XBMC Foundation and the add-on or software (e.g., "Frobnicator for Kodi," would be acceptable, but "Kodi Frobnicator" would not).

Recommend you read http://kodi.tv/introducing-kodi-14/ and http://kodi.tv/introducing-the-kodi-logo/ which explain their interest in trademark protection.

None is suing or forcing anyone, and no offense or threatening meant, but after reading those you might be more willing change you mind.

I didn't know that, but I was indeed already debating changing the name away from Kodi altogether, much like how XBMC Online TV changed to Retrospect, but haven't thought of a suitable new name yet.

(2015-07-01, 16:11)hellcry Wrote: Same problem here, also this addon never deleted the hole folders with the contents of it, even if it was only a .srt

I'm not sure why empty folders would not get deleted, but it may very well be that you did not add the .srt extension to the ignored file types. In any case I cannot solve the issue without some logs.

(2015-07-26, 16:12)moryoav Wrote: This plugin does not seem to work for me at all.
Here are my logs.
To my unprofessional eye it looks like this plugin is able to detect which shows need to be deleted but then gets "confused" by their location (using Emby / formerly known as MediaBrowser).

http://pastebin.com/jCD5Rri5
This appears to be an incompatibility issue with Emby. KFC does indeed get confused where the video file is actually stored. From the looks of it, this location is masked by having another addon provide it via a plugin:// URI. I suspect there is nothing that can be done about this unless Emby stores the actual file path in the Kodi library. This means the addon will not work for you unfortunately.
Hello,

I'm using 2 profiles on my XBMC Rpi, pointing to 2 different mysql databases on my Synology NAS.

I would like to activate the Kodi File cleaner only for one of the 2 profiles.

How can I do it ?

Best Regards

Laurent
Each profile has different user settings. This is true for addon settings too. I recommend you set "clean movies," "clean tv shows" and "clean music videos" to off. Nothing will be cleaned as long as these options are turned off.
(2015-07-27, 17:31)Anthirian Wrote: This appears to be an incompatibility issue with Emby. KFC does indeed get confused where the video file is actually stored. From the looks of it, this location is masked by having another addon provide it via a plugin:// URI. I suspect there is nothing that can be done about this unless Emby stores the actual file path in the Kodi library. This means the addon will not work for you unfortunately.

I solved my problem, if anyone is interested in this. In Emby settings there's an option to turn the links into real path linkes instead of plugin:// links. Once I did that (and refreshed the entire library) - it completely solved the issue and I can use this plugin. Works wonderfully.

One issue I do have now is this: I'm also using SickRage (a fork of SickBeard) to auto-download shows, organize them, etc. The process works like that: files (torrents) are downloaded into a special download folder (I'm using Deluge for the actual d/l, but that doesn't matter). From this Download folder, SickRage automatically renames the files and creates a *hard link* to the appropriate place in the TV Shows folder. In short, the hard linking allows the file to exist in two places at the same time (while taking up room for one file only) - the copy in the download folder remains as it was (for seeding, removed once it's done seeding) and a copy in the show folder (removed by THIS plugin once it is watched).

The catch is this: If the show is watched before the file has done seeding, this plugin will erase the copy from the TV shows folder and then SickRage will just create the hard link again and copy it again into the TV shows folder.
The proposed solution: This plugin should also check the number of hard links which a file has (in python I think: os.stat("foo.txt").st_nlink). Delete the watched show only if the number is *1*...

At any rate, this is a wonderful plugin, one of the most useful plugins in Kodi, no doubt.

Thank you very much.
Glad to hear there is a setting in Emby that provides compatibility. Thanks for letting me know.

As for the hard links, I'm not yet sure how or if I should add this functionality. Personally I also use torrents that will remain seeding via hard links, but I never suffer from the issue that the hard links get recreated after deleting. That may have something to do with the way Sonarr handles this, but it could also be due to the fact that I use a different folder structure that gets scanned for new files by Sonarr. Furthermore, it may indeed prove useful to check for the number of hard links, but at the same time this might confuse not-so-tech-savvy users. I will think about it, but it may not be implemented anytime soon as my time is quite limited right now.
I've been having an issue with the exclusion folders as well. I am currently running 4.1.0.

I have the folder setup as a Windows share via hostname, which seems to be the only way to point to the files & folders in Kodi File Cleaner. My library is setup using my server's ip address. Recently, I've noticed that Kodi doesn't like the difference between hostname & ip very much and I'm wondering if that's why my excluded folders are being cleaned.

I just went through my log, but the files were cleaned before the last time I turned my system off/on, so it doesn't show helpful info. If the above idea isn't the real problem, I'll mark one of the shows as watched and send the log later tonight.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Scott
The issue in your case seems to be that you use a different way to access the exclusions than the way you access your sources. As indicated below the exclusion options you must make sure both ways are exactly the same. The reason for this is that the pattern matching fails otherwise.
Is there any way to enter the ip address into Kodi File Cleaner? Changing the source to the hostname for my library would be a nightmare!
You could try changing the exclusions with a text editor by going to addon_data/script.filecleaner/settings.xml and enter the IP address yourself. However, you could just add a new network location through the file manager and point it to the IP address. Then later you can add this location to the exclusions via the settings, which would be much more user friendly.
(2015-07-01, 16:11)hellcry Wrote:
(2015-06-11, 17:50)patria o muerte Wrote: Hi,
i experienced an issue on latest version:

KFC delete seen movies but doesn't automatically clean movies library.

No issues with older versions.

Same problem here, also this addon never deleted the hole folders with the contents of it, even if it was only a .srt

Hello Anthirian,

I like your File Cleaner Add-On but I have the same issue as mentioned above. The Add-On removes the physical media files from my NAS but does not update and remove them from my library. This used to work fine but doesnt anymore for some time now, probably after the last update. The library is a shared MySQL library which is running on the NAS as well. In the settings I have enabled the option for updating the library but it doesnt work. Am I doing something wrong or is this a bug? And if this is a bug, how can I supply you with logging so you can have a look at it?
Any chance of you making this installable on Jarvis? It complains about missing dependencies as far as I can understand it.
(2015-12-21, 02:34)laric Wrote: Any chance of you making this installable on Jarvis? It complains about missing dependencies as far as I can understand it.

I just tweaked the addon.xml file in the script addon folder and its working fine for me. Just need to up the gui version to 5.10.0 and it should run.
  • 15(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Janitor4