• 16(current)
Release Janitor
I will indeed update the addon to be compatible with Jarvis. I am currently working on a new feature that improves manual cleaning, so it will probably be launched along the same time as the new feature is deemed complete.
Hi Anthirian

could I have a unusual request to add feature to clean also unwatched movies?

thanks
(2015-06-11, 17:50)patria o muerte Wrote: Hi,
i experienced an issue on latest version:

KFC delete seen movies but doesn't automatically clean movies library.

No issues with older versions.
Hi Guys, First off let me say that this Add-on is amazing and is very useful!

But... I am experiencing the same problem with it not updating my movies library. It deletes all the files and folders related to the movie but does not update the library in Kodi.

I've checked the option "Clean Kodi video library afterwards" in the add-on's settings but still no luck.

Any ideas? Thanks!
(2016-02-09, 13:01)DodgeG1 Wrote: Hi Guys, First off let me say that this Add-on is amazing and is very useful!

But... I am experiencing the same problem with it not updating my movies library. It deletes all the files and folders related to the movie but does not update the library in Kodi.

I've checked the option "Clean Kodi video library afterwards" in the add-on's settings but still no luck.

Any ideas? Thanks!
It hasn't done any cleaning of the libary for a very long time for me. think it was back in frodo or so that worked last time for me.
I would also like the cleaning to actually happen. Especially if it happens silently as described in the 4.1.0 changelog entry.
I think I may have found the root of the library cleaning bug. It may have been introduced upon rebranding from XBMC to Kodi. I think this commit introduced the bug. Could you please remove your addon settings by deleting your userdata/addon_data/script.filecleaner/ folder and try again after reconfiguring the required settings?
(2016-02-28, 21:12)Anthirian Wrote: I think I may have found the root of the library cleaning bug. It may have been introduced upon rebranding from XBMC to Kodi. I think this commit introduced the bug. Could you please remove your addon settings by deleting your userdata/addon_data/script.filecleaner/ folder and try again after reconfiguring the required settings?

It is that commit that is at fault. Because you haven't renamed all occurances of clean_xbmc_library. GThe setting in the gui seems to still store in clean_xbmc_library and not in clean_kodi_library which your code needs to execute the actual cleaning.
Thanks for confirming this. I will include a bug fix in the upcoming Jarvis release. In the meantime you could manually change the name of the setting from clean_xbmc_library to clean_kodi_library in the settings file in your userdata/addon_data/script.filecleaner/ folder and it should work like intended.
(2016-02-29, 10:45)Anthirian Wrote: Thanks for confirming this. I will include a bug fix in the upcoming Jarvis release. In the meantime you could manually change the name of the setting from clean_xbmc_library to clean_kodi_library in the settings file in your userdata/addon_data/script.filecleaner/ folder and it should work like intended.

Yep I did this before and it works.

A question. Is an addon really allowed to be called Kodi xxxxxx yyyy? I thought they forwned upon using the Kodi name as it is protected?
Glad to hear it's not just working for me, but for you as well. You're right about the new naming conventions. I am already looking into rebranding, but I haven't yet shared this as I am still debating which way to go. The Jarvis version will in fact use the new name.
Is There an update for jarvis soon? If i try to install, it tells me that depencies are missing.
I have just uploaded a Jarvis compatible version to Github. The repository should be updated with this version soon. Please note that the addon is now known as Janitor from this point forward. Please report any issues you should have to this thread and don't forget to include logs.
(2016-03-17, 21:58)Anthirian Wrote: I have just uploaded a Jarvis compatible version to Github. The repository should be updated with this version soon. Please note that the addon is now known as Janitor from this point forward. Please report any issues you should have to this thread and don't forget to include logs.

Fantastic Smile
Always read the Wiki, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Read/follow the forum rules.
If seems to me that exclusions aren't being honored and that library cleaning still doesn't happen. I'm using the zip file from Github for commit 915dd18 on an instance of Kodi 16.0 that has never had an old version of the add-on (this was a fresh install of Kodi starting with version 16.0)
It seems to work perfectly.Thanks a lot.
  • 16(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Janitor4