Playlists slow to start playback
Hello!

I have several music playlists defined (m3u format), and they all work properly. However, whenever I select any of them for playback, it takes several seconds (more than 30!) for playback to begin. This happens regardless of whether it's an OpenELEC XBMC instance, a Mac XBMC instance, or a Linux XBMC instance (in a VM).

The playlists are stored in a shared smb:// location (using path substitution of special:///profile/playlists/), and the content sources are also shared over smb://. Playback of an individual song begins immediately when browsing through individual songs. Same with albums. All files are confirmed to be in the correct locations (i.e. the URLs on the playlist are correct, as per XBMC's expectations).

Help and insights are appreciated! This is the only major turn-off right now.

Thanks!
Ok...further information: it appears it's slow starting to play back albums as well, and it takes 4-5 seconds to start playing a single track.

Could this be an issue with using smb:// as the source? Would direct-mounting the smb shares using cifs/smbfs help resolve this? I'd rather use the smb:// URL's because it makes the configurations easier to back up, whereas the direct mounting stuff is less appealing.

Thoughts?
I have also been having this problem since I started using XBMC and it is quite aggravating. My music is also on the network and I have the location mounted - something I had hoped would fix this problem. Anyone had this problem and figured out a solution?
It's happening with music, so that poses a question for me. If it were only video, I'd say make sure to disable Adjust refresh rate to match video. I had delays with that enabled but when I turned it off the delays went away.
Server: Synology Diskstation 1511+ with 8x WD Red NAS 3TB drives, DSM 5.2
Main HTPC: Home Built i3, 8GB RAM, Corsair 128GB SSD, nVidia 630GTX, Harmony Home Control, Pioneer VSX-53, Panasonic VT30 65" 3D TV, Windows 10, Isengard
Bedroom HTPC: Zotac-ID 41 8GB RAM, 128GB SSD, Rii micro keyboard remote, Samsung HW-E550, Sony 32" Google TV, OpenElec 6.0 beta 4

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Playlists slow to start playback0