• 4(current)
[RELEASE] XBMC WebBrowser (Windows)
great adon,could you add html5 video support ?
Hi there.

I downloaded the zip file via the testing repo linked to from the first post.

Told XBMC to install from Zip. Then enabled add on from the add on's list.

How do I get it to appear in my main menu along with shutdown, movies, music etc?

Not actually managed to use yet! Does it load to a homepage just like a normal internet browser? Closing it down reverts back to XBMC?
Hi

I don`t have it in front of me now, so this could be al little wrong.

You have to go to setup for the add on, then set up the pages you want and so on.
Then after this mark the "page" as an favorite. Then add the favorite to the home menu.
Petter :-)
Many thanks for all the effort YOU all do! THANKS! :-)
nVidia Shield TV (2015), Samsung QE75Q70R and Yamaha RX-V767
Right, I now have 'internet' as an option from my main menu. I then have a few submenu web links such as 4od, iplayer etc...

Now when I try and load any one of these, I get 'Error Script failed plugin.program.webbrowser'.

Any ideas?

I have made sure that I have my net framework up to date.
Error stuff I can`t help you with, sorry.
Maybe the add on creator can help?
I hope so, I'll wait to see if he pops his head up. Thanks for the help though.
No problem, was nothing at all.
I'm just testing out this add-on and it's works great overall. The only problem I'm having is that it seems to be causing problems with my remote. I've got a Logitech Harmony 300 remote and am using an AutoHotkey script to redirect some of the buttons. After launching a website and then closing it, none of the remote buttons work even those not redirected by the script. The only way to get the remote working again is to reboot. I've been trying to isolate the problem and was wondering if it's possible to completely disable the key mapping in the add-on. I've edited config files for other add-ons so am able to do so if there's a way.

I'd greatly appreciate any advice.

Thanks.
Does the developer still support this, or is the Advanced Launcher worth a try?
AddonScriptorDE --

Thanks for the great pug-in, it works very well.

You note that ARROW KEYS + ENTER will still be unmappable because they are needed for navigation. Can I suggest an enhancement, that these are mappable (at least via the settings file)?
- I have an MCE remote, and it would be awesome if the main arrow buttons (and central enter button) controlled the mouse, rather than the arrow keys and enter button.
- The arrows/enter could then be mapped to other less well placed keys (channel up/down for example).

Gingerbread Man --

I had the same issue as you initially. What I did wrong is download the addon directly from here (https://github.com/AddonScriptorDE). It worked once I realised I needed to download the 'testing repo' application repository (link in the first post), and re-installed from there.
Thanks Monkey, but I sorted out the Advanced Launcher to load up Chrome today. So I've now my internet.
Hey,
sorry for the late reply - was too busy last weeks...

(2013-06-30, 21:28)jeayese Wrote: Any chance for porting this over to OS X with webkit?
Im not very experienced in osx programming. Maybe someday...

(2013-07-04, 15:54)pino222 Wrote: great adon,could you add html5 video support ?
I will try - should be possible.

(2013-07-05, 21:04)Gingerbread Man Wrote: Right, I now have 'internet' as an option from my main menu. I then have a few submenu web links such as 4od, iplayer etc...

Now when I try and load any one of these, I get 'Error Script failed plugin.program.webbrowser'.

Any ideas?

I have made sure that I have my net framework up to date.
Please post your log file. Else, i can only guess!

(2013-07-07, 21:13)jeffdub Wrote: I'm just testing out this add-on and it's works great overall. The only problem I'm having is that it seems to be causing problems with my remote. I've got a Logitech Harmony 300 remote and am using an AutoHotkey script to redirect some of the buttons. After launching a website and then closing it, none of the remote buttons work even those not redirected by the script. The only way to get the remote working again is to reboot. I've been trying to isolate the problem and was wondering if it's possible to completely disable the key mapping in the add-on. I've edited config files for other add-ons so am able to do so if there's a way.

I'd greatly appreciate any advice.

Thanks.
Mmm, strange. You are closing the browser via the mapped key? Maybe xbmc did not get focused after closing the browser!?!
Could you try to refocus xbmc manually (ALT+TAB)? Just to make sure that this is the problem...

(2013-07-12, 00:58)monkey_nz Wrote: AddonScriptorDE --

Thanks for the great pug-in, it works very well.

You note that ARROW KEYS + ENTER will still be unmappable because they are needed for navigation. Can I suggest an enhancement, that these are mappable (at least via the settings file)?
- I have an MCE remote, and it would be awesome if the main arrow buttons (and central enter button) controlled the mouse, rather than the arrow keys and enter button.
- The arrows/enter could then be mapped to other less well placed keys (channel up/down for example).
This would a bit tricky! The keys are not only for navigating menus, also a lot of websites are controllable via these keys.
Im using the number-buttons on my remote to control the mouse. If you really want/need this, i can try to find a solution for you...
great add on to have, have set it up with URLs for all my TV catchup, only question I have at the mo is how to auto log in to your account, ie - ITV player can access more stuff if registered. I have registered but in this add on i am not auto logged in - have to enter details every time, whereas if I used 'normal' internet explorer, i do get logged in automatically

for those who may think using the available on demand add ons, this method gets me access to 4OD and Demand 5, which are broken add ons
(2013-07-21, 19:48)Birdincamera Wrote: great add on to have, have set it up with URLs for all my TV catchup, only question I have at the mo is how to auto log in to your account, ie - ITV player can access more stuff if registered. I have registered but in this add on i am not auto logged in - have to enter details every time, whereas if I used 'normal' internet explorer, i do get logged in automatically
Mmm, all sites i tested were working fine with stored user credentials. Theres often a "Remember me / Auto Login" checkbox on websites, maybe you just missed it...
(2013-05-16, 13:53)senna99 Wrote: And I have problem with XBMC_WebBrowser_KeyMapper, is too large on screen I cant see all command.
The KeyMapper size is 1280x720. I thought everyone has at least this resolution. What resolution are you using?

(2013-06-11, 09:35)markrog Wrote: A couple of things I think would really improve the current version, is xbox controller support and the ability to set your own thumbnail for each website.
Sorry, i have no xbox controller.
Adding thumbnails for your sites is already possible. Just edit the website config files in the addons userdata directory.
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] XBMC WebBrowser (Windows)2