Custom home screen menus
Quote:It will be in the official Helix release too.

Cleaned up and with properly stringed labels too no doubt. Smile
Using a NUC7PJYHN and a 2820FYKH0 Intel NUC running LibreELEC, and two FireTVs.:)
Ok.. This skin has officially become FREAKING AWESOME!

The changes did not work in Gotham but moving the xml files did. Thanks

I did lose the ability to auto display the sub-menus (without right arrowing). Is there a way I can get that back?

Thanks again
I think I know what you mean, you mean the Default screen? That was really just an oversight on my behalf.
It's fixed in the Git now, or just replace line 245 of Includes_Home1.xml
Code:
<visible allowhiddenfocus="true">Control.HasFocus(9001)</visible>

with
Code:
<visible allowhiddenfocus="true">[Control.HasFocus(9000) + !Skin.HasSetting(HomeStats) + !Skin.HasSetting(HomeCleanLibrary)] | Control.HasFocus(9001)</visible>

Don't forget to copy over the "shortcuts" folder from the Helix skin folder too, otherwise you will lose some menus. And this is by no means a perfect way to get those menus into Gotham, there are still things that aren't right when you do it, namely background images missing so there are see through menus here and there.

Default screen will now show sub-menus at all times unless "Show Media Totals" or/and "Hide All Sub-menus" are checked.
Using a NUC7PJYHN and a 2820FYKH0 Intel NUC running LibreELEC, and two FireTVs.:)
SPOT ON!
That was it. Thanks

Not to be a pain but, any chance of making the 'now playing window' floating so it is visible from wherever you are instead of just the Home Screen?

It helps with Channel Surfing
That's something that needs to be discussed with jingai, I try not to make major design changes like that. I add things that aren't there (some little screen bling), or re-work the way things work (while keeping the general design). That kind of thing needs to be thought out, so that it works in all windows, and that may mean changes to every window in the skin.

I'm not really even a fan of the one I have plopped on top of the Icon home screen, it doesn't fit well, and is mainly just a place-holder until someone thinks of a better way for it to look.
AH.. Ok, that makes sense .
Thank you nonetheless for this mod.. It REALLY adds value to the skin
wow! fantastic work MacGyver .

i loaded your mod last night and it is brilliant.
i have been using another skin for a few months so i could play with kodi/helix. the lack of custom menus was the big reason to try other skins. it is nice to be back in metropolis.

if i can be of any help with graphics just let me know.
i am still working on a visual mod of my own to metropolis but set it aside for the lack of custom menus. i will start up again.

thanks again for all the great work MacGyver, jingai and Unfledged for his script.skinshortcuts.
I grafted all the fixes from Stoli's master to mine (Sep 04 to Now 18).
personal Metropolis Helix version

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Custom home screen menus0