Help getting JUMPSMS working
Hi,
I'm using the Harmony 650 remote with ORtek VRC1100 receiver.

I've saved the keymap file in section 3.2 of this post (http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Hama_MCE_Remote) as keymap.xml within username/appdata/roaming/xbmc/userdata/keymaps

Most functions appear to be working fine, however when searching for a song for instance, I can't use text input on the remote i.e. B = 2 presses of number 2

It appears JUMPSMS is configured within global on the xml so I'm not sure why it's not working?

Any ideas?
(2013-04-17, 00:25)denz13 Wrote: however when searching for a song for instance, I can't use text input on the remote i.e. B = 2 presses of number 2

Just to be clear, are you trying to enter a text search string via the virtual keyboard or are you trying to skip to the location in a list of music items that begin with the letter "B"?

If you mean the former, be sure you have this setting enabled: System/Settings > System > Input devices > Remote control sends keyboard presses. Also try adding the JumpSMS definitions in the VirtualKeyboard section of your keyboard.xml file.

If you mean the latter, try adding the JumpSMS definitions in the MyMusicFiles and MyMusicLibrary sections of your keyboard.xml file.

In either case, if it still doesn't work after making these changes and restaring XBMC, check your debug log (wiki) to see what command is sent by XBMC when you press the number 2 button on your remote while on the virtual keyboard or viewing a list of music items (depending on which you're trying to do).
Sorry for the late reply!

I'm trying to enter text using the virtual on-screen keyboard, but instead of having to navigate the on-screen keys with directional buttons on the remote, I want to use the text input through the remote by pressing a numbered button multiple times.

I've added the JumpSMS definitions to the MyMusic areas, but still the same issue.

I only have 1 xml (titled keyboard.xml) in my keymaps folder, do I need others? i.e. remote or keymap.xml?
Have you tried this?
(2013-04-17, 06:28)artrafael Wrote: If you mean the former, be sure you have this setting enabled: System/Settings > System > Input devices > Remote control sends keyboard presses. Also try adding the JumpSMS definitions in the VirtualKeyboard section of your keyboard.xml file.

And if the above didn't work, did you then try this?
Quote:In either case, if it still doesn't work after making these changes and restaring XBMC, check your debug log (wiki) to see what command is sent by XBMC when you press the number 2 button on your remote while on the virtual keyboard or viewing a list of music items (depending on which you're trying to do).
Question 
Im wondering did you get it to work?
Can can i have a copy of your file.. i really like to have this JumpSMS.
Thanks And Best Regards.

BrownGhost
I am using the keyboar.xml file by Elitegamer360 and jumpsms works fine.
could you give me a copy of that file please?
Thanks And Best Regards.

BrownGhost
Download xbmccustomregis by elitegamer360. After installation keep a copy of the keyboard.xml file and then uninstall the application if you don't want to keep it.
thanks
Thanks And Best Regards.

BrownGhost
(2013-04-22, 05:40)artrafael Wrote: Have you tried this?
(2013-04-17, 06:28)artrafael Wrote: If you mean the former, be sure you have this setting enabled: System/Settings > System > Input devices > Remote control sends keyboard presses. Also try adding the JumpSMS definitions in the VirtualKeyboard section of your keyboard.xml file.

Yes, I've tried this suggestion, didn't seem to make any difference.

And if the above didn't work, did you then try this?
Quote:In either case, if it still doesn't work after making these changes and restaring XBMC, check your debug log (wiki) to see what command is sent by XBMC when you press the number 2 button on your remote while on the virtual keyboard or viewing a list of music items (depending on which you're trying to do).

OK, I've uploaded my debug log here: http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=15140

I pressed 2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9 - 3 times each at approx 21:37:25

This just came out as 222,333,444 etc.

Hopefully this provides enough information for someone to troubleshoot this issue.
Upload a copy of your custom keyboard.xml file to www.xbmclogs.com and post the assigned URL here.
Add this under <keymap> <global> <keyboard> on the keyboard.xml file on your special folder/userdata/keymaps (or create one). That's for the library browsing.

Code:
<numpadzero>Number0</numpadzero>
      <numpadone>Number1</numpadone>
      <numpadtwo>JumpSMS2</numpadtwo>
      <numpadthree>JumpSMS3</numpadthree>
      <numpadfour>JumpSMS4</numpadfour>
      <numpadfive>JumpSMS5</numpadfive>
      <numpadsix>JumpSMS6</numpadsix>
      <numpadseven>JumpSMS7</numpadseven>
      <numpadeight>JumpSMS8</numpadeight>
      <numpadnine>JumpSMS9</numpadnine>

Also add this as a new section (ie under <keymap>)

Code:
<VirtualKeyboard>
    <keyboard>
      <backspace>Backspace</backspace>
      <numpadtwo>Number2</numpadtwo>
      <numpadthree>Number3</numpadthree>
      <numpadfour>Number4</numpadfour>
      <numpadfive>Number5</numpadfive>
      <numpadsix>Number6</numpadsix>
      <numpadseven>Number7</numpadseven>
      <numpadeight>Number8</numpadeight>
      <numpadnine>Number9</numpadnine>
    </keyboard>
  </VirtualKeyboard>

so you can write when the virtual keyboard appears sms style.

The above works with the actual VRC-1100 remote, must be working with Harmony as VRC-1100 too.
(2013-05-01, 12:22)host505 Wrote: Add this under <keymap> <global> <keyboard> on the keyboard.xml file on your special folder/userdata/keymaps (or create one). That's for the library browsing.

Code:
      <numpadtwo>JumpSMS2</numpadtwo>
      <numpadthree>JumpSMS3</numpadthree>
      <numpadfour>JumpSMS4</numpadfour>
      <numpadfive>JumpSMS5</numpadfive>
      <numpadsix>JumpSMS6</numpadsix>
      <numpadseven>JumpSMS7</numpadseven>
      <numpadeight>JumpSMS8</numpadeight>
      <numpadnine>JumpSMS9</numpadnine>

Also add this as a new section (ie under <keymap>)

Code:
<VirtualKeyboard>
    <keyboard>
      <backspace>Backspace</backspace>
      <numpadtwo>Number2</numpadtwo>
      <numpadthree>Number3</numpadthree>
      <numpadfour>Number4</numpadfour>
      <numpadfive>Number5</numpadfive>
      <numpadsix>Number6</numpadsix>
      <numpadseven>Number7</numpadseven>
      <numpadeight>Number8</numpadeight>
      <numpadnine>Number9</numpadnine>
    </keyboard>
  </VirtualKeyboard>

so you can write when the virtual keyboard appears sms style.

The above works with the actual VRC-1100 remote, must be working with Harmony as VRC-1100 too.

Hi Host505, I presuming you have the VRC-1100 remote? If so, is there any chance you can upload your .xml file to xbmclogs? I've edited mine so much that it's not functioning properly at all now.

Thanks in advance..
(2013-05-03, 20:23)denz13 Wrote: Hi Host505, I presuming you have the VRC-1100 remote? If so, is there any chance you can upload your .xml file to xbmclogs? I've edited mine so much that it's not functioning properly at all now.

Thanks in advance..

First of all you have to know that VRC-1100 is not 100% MCE compatible, so it needs some tweaking to get all the buttons work as they should.
elitegamer360 has wrote some scripts for this remote that are here and there in his thread, so I combined them with his Green Start Button script, and along with my keyboard.xml I think I've reached a good point of functionality.
Of cource my mod of keyboard.xml is based in my needs, if you want something different just ask.

I have made a .zip with all the needed files and instructions (you have to reset any mods/registry tweaks/whatever you have done that has to do with the remote function) but I don't see a way to upload it, so pm me your email to attatch it if you want.
Absolute legend!

All working now!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Help getting JUMPSMS working0