• 27(current)
Release Composite (A Plex client)
Hi ! I'm having a hard time setting up this. I have several issues :

1) I have a very large collection of movies on a remote server and Composite gives me access to all sections except when selecting all movies / all tv shows, is it because of some media amount limit ?
2) I also have a local server. However even when choosing the distant server as a master server, Composite only shows the local server sections in the update setting part of the addon. How to access my remote server in settings then ?
3) Followed the turorial to add sources and Composite returned some error so I can't add sources at all.
Synology DS1815+ / Kodi Krypton beta 3 with Madnox RC2 and Hyperspin 5TB FrontEnd
I made it work using Leia but know everytime I enter a media section my Kodi set up is crashing a few seconds later...
Synology DS1815+ / Kodi Krypton beta 3 with Madnox RC2 and Hyperspin 5TB FrontEnd
I am having issue on Nvidia Shield TV. When I try to play something I see spinning wheel and after a minute Kodi crashes.
In Plex dashboard some data gets transmitted but nothing specific in Kodi log.
edit - did some more debugging, it seems composite starts filling up the ram but does not play file. When ram gets overfilled kodi crashes.
Having an issue that is driving me nuts.  This is my last hope  trying to figure it out:

setup: I have a Plex server on my Intel Nuc, connected to a gigabit connection. I also have an nvidia shield running the plex composite addon in Kodi connected via ethernet. Everything is local.
-When I play a 4k file on the normal nvidia shield plex app, I get perfect direct play of around 80mbps local activity, no buffering.
-When I play the same 4k file through plex composite inside kodi, my local activity caps at around 25-35mbps, and buffers continually.
-When I enable a VPN to my local city and play the same file on composite in Kodi, I get 80mbps of remote activity with smooth playback, no buffering.

I am pulling my hair out trying to figure this one out. Any help is greatly appreciated.
Here is the log:

https://file.io/vIWnk7IgFaLB
Current version spits out errors in latest kodi. If you go into debug log, you can see which lines are the offending ones - comment them out with #, and remove the error. Doesnt break functionality, but it does give the "Potential memory leak" warning if not addressed, so thought I would fix manually and share the fix.

Thanks for the add-on!
(2023-10-11, 19:31)ElmosFunhouse Wrote: Current version spits out errors in latest kodi. If you go into debug log, you can see which lines are the offending ones - comment them out with #, and remove the error. Doesnt break functionality, but it does give the "Potential memory leak" warning if not addressed, so thought I would fix manually and share the fix.

Thanks for the add-on!

Looks like it's been updated recently, should avoid the errors now
i am using kodi 20.2   and i have a plex account but when i try this addon its not showing anything and detects no servers   thanks for any advice
Awesome addon. Long-time PlexKodiConnect user but Composite is way faster to playback without faffing with samba shares and doesn't transcode HEVC. Is there a way to strip the show name and episode title from widgets and the season view? Before I'm used to the On Deck/Continue Watching TV Show widget showing just the Episode Name rather than Show Name - Episode 1x01 - Episode Name. Same for the Season view.
Server - Dell OptiPlex 3080 MT (GT 1030) Ubuntu WSL2  Client 1 - Minisforum UM580 Client 2 - Odroid N2+ Kodi - Nexus (Arctic Fuse) PlexKodiConnect TV 1 - LG 55UK6200PLA TV 2 - LG 49UJ635V AVR - Yamaha HTR-2071 Speakers - Q Acoustics 3030i/3090Ci
  • 27(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Composite (A Plex client)0